Search

Recognition upgrade on Trans Tasman.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANZ Gold
Recognition upgrade on Trans Tasman.

Hi All.

I have an upcoming flight in Nov AKL / BNE on 773. If I apply for an upgrade and it goes through, will it go to PE or BP? I'm Silver / Koru.

TIA.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:31 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
business
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Your silver RU on a TT flight should take you from economy to BP. If flying long haul it would upgrade you one cabin class only e.g. economy to PE or PE to BP.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANZ Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
business
Thanks. Does that mean I can select a seat in PE when I have an economy ticket or is that pushing it too far? Is that a perk of Koru?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: NZ *G
You should be able to seat select in BP after the upgrade clears. That may, however, not help you given the upgrade is unlikely to clear until the airport. In my experience loads to/from Brisbane are often low in BP, so you may clear 7 days out.

In the meantime, I don't see any way you can grab a PE seat unless you have booked one.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by dgwills
Hi All.

I have an upcoming flight in Nov AKL / BNE on 773. If I apply for an upgrade and it goes through, will it go to PE or BP? I'm Silver / Koru.

TIA.
You can choose whether you want to upgrade to BP or PE.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by dgwills
Thanks. Does that mean I can select a seat in PE when I have an economy ticket or is that pushing it too far? Is that a perk of Koru?
It's not a perk of any status. That was only applicable in 2013 when Premium Economy as a separate fare bucket wasn't offered. Now if you want to select a PE seat, you pay PE fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.