Wiki Posts
Search

One up for skycouch

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
One up for skycouch

Anyone ever done this just for themselves? Wondering what people might have paid.

Have read of maybe HVCs getting this row without paying if lighter loads but what about actual one ups? That other thread seems to be just Y to PE to J.

I didn't realise you could do this but was filling out the my voice survey as CSM was brilliant tonight and it popped up.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's the first time I've heard of being able to do this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm, could be a control question I guess. It asked which products I had heard of and it was the only one out of maybe 7 or so options I hadn't.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:13 pm

Being allocated a row is a HVC benefit for Gold/Elite's (+ Elite partner) but you won't get the full Skycouch product.

You merely get a row of seats and if you're nice to the crew when they're handing out belt kits they will give you one of these. You won't get the mattress, pillows or blankets so need to rely on acquiring what's spare around you.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

It's such a long and boring survey to go through just to say 'hey, this FA excelled' that I'm leaning now towards it being a control question. But I was hopeful
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Being allocated a row is a HVC benefit for Gold/Elite's (+ Elite partner) but you won't get the full Skycouch product.

You merely get a row of seats and if you're nice to the crew when they're handing out belt kits they will give you one of these. You won't get the mattress, pillows or blankets so need to rely on acquiring what's spare around you.

Finally got to experience this benefit myself last week on NZ2, actually asked in the lounge prior and the attendant made the comment that it really depends on the flight controller on the day - e.g. if they are feeling generous or not. Was turned down then.

Boarded the flight, noticed roughly 80% full in Y, and was moved once boarding was completed and before push-back, in fact the ISM/ISC proactively asked all the Elites if they'd like a SkyCouch row (as if we'd turn it down), counted roughly 4 rows being reserved (with a rope blocking the seats to prevent others from claiming them). Proactively offered the seat-belt kits as well... but of course no mattress pad offered.

Not sure how I feel about able to OneUp for a SkyCouch though, it'd be nice if it remains an Elite/Gold "soft-benefit".
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Name:  IMG_5015.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  981.3 KB

Oops, chopped that a bit fine. I think if it is available I'd one up to get the mattress etc.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Just go an email about the launch of One up for Sky couch. I guess another downsizing of the E benefit (even though it was an unwritten one?)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Yes, I saw that too and thought the same.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: NZ E, EY G, QF G
Originally Posted by sbiddle

I got upgraded to Skycouch at the gate (as Elite benefit) on LH ticket stock from YVR to AKL earlier this week. I had mattress and pillows waiting for me, belt were handed out after take-off.
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by MikeAKL
I got upgraded to Skycouch at the gate (as Elite benefit) on LH ticket stock from YVR to AKL earlier this week. I had mattress and pillows waiting for me, belt were handed out after take-off.
cool. where two of you travelling? or just flying solo? thanks
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by MikeAKL
Wow your were lucky. I'd say I know of around 10 instances of people I know who have been upgraded (incl myself) nobody has ever for the mattress as it wasn't policy - your were effectively just getting a blocked out row.

​​​​​​
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: NZ E, EY G, QF G
Originally Posted by mmonster
cool. where two of you travelling? or just flying solo? thanks
Travelling solo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.