Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exit row = priority boarding?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Exit row = priority boarding?

When you select an exit row seat, you are entitled to priority boarding. How does this occur? I have never seen exit row passengers be invited to board the plane with priority.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. I often pay extra for an aisle exit row trans Tasman and have never an invitation for priority boarding (what ever that means to you).
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I have send "Priority Boarding" printed on boarding passes before, when traveling with pax without status that are in the Perfered or Exit Rows.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
On domestic you have 10 seconds for priority boarding!
You have to be quick.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
It's never enforced. Basically false advertising.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Priority boarding outside 772/773/789 and especially TT is rarely effective due to the smaller loadings and people ignoring the announcements
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by dadig
Priority boarding outside 772/773/789 and especially TT is rarely effective due to the smaller loadings and people ignoring the announcements
... and the announcements for general boarding being 10 seconds after priority boarding......
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
When you can easily have over 50% of a plane eligible for priority boarding there is very little point in having it.

Boarding is something NZ do really poorly at many airports, particularly outside NZ.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
When you can easily have over 50% of a plane eligible for priority boarding there is very little point in having it.

Boarding is something NZ do really poorly at many airports, particularly outside NZ.
On any given TT 320 flight, the number of Elites reach upwards of 20 onboard and throw in Koru, Virgin Platinum and the front half of the plane is already.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
On domestic you have 10 seconds for priority boarding!
You have to be quick.
yes and when most of your priority pax are still in koru.. they are not at the gate lounge.....
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:20 am

How does this occur? Well, it doesn't. Domestically I'd call it fraud, and it is, especially so when the premium vs. regular boarding calls occur as a run on sentence. Nobody at Air NZ cares that you have premium boarding.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Just assert it. It's an entitlement--otherwise you won't have anywhere for your carry-on luggage.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Disgusting behaviour from Air NZ. I don't like priority boarding when I'm in exit row - there is no rush for me to be the first on the plane. However, if they promise a paid product, they should deliver. Unacceptable.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Not too fussed domestically about PB but internationally I've never seen it done poorly to be honest (although I don't fly the A320 TT).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:37 pm

I'm not sure what priority boarding will achieve in the current implementation. This is simply because it is not possible with the number of passengers entitled for it. For this to work it needs to be tiered based on some sort of criteria. Research has been done on boarding efficiency and the findings were to have everyone seated without getting up or wasting time in the aisle.

When you look at the rational with priority boarding is mainly to facilitate quicker boarding and get settled in - For frequent pax, who are either very efficient in the boarding process or have little luggage to worry about. Since seat only fares, the mindset has since shifted focus to get cabin baggage space for TT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.