FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   New Amenity Kits in BP and PE (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1851201-new-amenity-kits-bp-pe.html)

RSkipage Jul 2, 2017 2:06 am

New Amenity Kits in BP and PE

I see the web page shows new PE and BP amenity kits. They look a little classier than the previous foil offering in PE and felt bags in BP, and appear to have a different brand of lip balm etc. Anyone experienced them yet?

sbiddle Jul 2, 2017 2:30 am

New PE kits are in use. I had the old ones in BP to LHR last Sunday.

mmonster Jul 2, 2017 6:02 am

I can see that everything looks black
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/long...siness-premier
I hope they keep things to the same size as before though

oranjemakker Jul 2, 2017 2:39 pm

On the subject of BP amenities, what do you guys think about pyjamas? I got given some on AA and QF recently and wore them and found them quite comfy

eric2011 Jul 2, 2017 4:26 pm

Every airline should do it. My wife just spent 4 days in hospital and her QF ones came in very handy

ruff00 Jul 2, 2017 5:40 pm

The new kit's are a better size in my opinion, but kinda miss the point with functionality.

The ear plugs are now black, which looks cool. But, are much firmer, and don't seem to work very well for me.

The new eyeshade... is not really that good at blocking out the light.

Great pen though!

Rebound Jul 2, 2017 10:55 pm

Had the old BP ones a few weeks ago SIN-AKL

JayKiwi Jul 2, 2017 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by ruff00 (Post 28512604)
The new kit's are a better size in my opinion, but kinda miss the point with functionality.

The ear plugs are now black, which looks cool. But, are much firmer, and don't seem to work very well for me.

Great pen though!

Those new earplugs are terrible. Absolutely rubbish compared to the older 3M branded ones. Presumably the black ones are a load cheaper than the new ones, but they need to be changed - they are far too firm.

sbiddle Jul 3, 2017 1:08 am

I wonder what happened with the Antipodes partnership?

Rebound Jul 3, 2017 2:48 am

I miss the La Prairie products...

sbiddle Jul 3, 2017 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Rebound (Post 28513789)
I miss the La Prairie products...

+1

I still have a few of the lip balm. It's great.

Rebound Jul 4, 2017 12:10 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 28513997)
+1

I still have a few of the lip balm. It's great.

Me too

Fast6 Jul 8, 2017 2:56 pm

NZ7 last night; still the old kits up front (and still a menu featuring the burger, but that's another thread :) )

Was kinda looking forward to a new one! Perhaps they've got a bunch of old ones stockpiled in the overseas ports, so new ones will only be ex-NZ until stocks are depleted?

yyznomad May 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by ruff00 (Post 28512604)

Great pen though!

Originally Posted by JayKiwi (Post 28513378)
Those new earplugs are terrible. Absolutely rubbish compared to the older 3M branded ones. Presumably the black ones are a load cheaper than the new ones, but they need to be changed - they are far too firm.

I know this thread is a couple years old, but still relevant AFAIK.

A fellow FTer, @24left gave me one of the NZ BP amenity kits and I think it's quite nice.
I think it's a notch above many other kits I have from other (mainly NA) airlines, and definitely better than many Euro carriers.

I agree that the black earplugs aren't that great. The well-known orange 3M earplugs are definitely the standard for amenity kit earplugs, IMHO.

kiwifrequentflyer May 31, 2019 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker (Post 28512047)
On the subject of BP amenities, what do you guys think about pyjamas? I got given some on AA and QF recently and wore them and found them quite comfy

PJs are the dumbest things in existence. They are a novelty the first time you fly Business on an airline and after that they just become an incredibly unnecessary environmental blight on our planet. No one needs PJs. I am glad Air NZ doesn't have them.

I like the SQ doesn't give out ammenity kits and leaves things in the bathrooms. That's much better for the planet. We don't need lots of bag kits and unused kit pieces being produced like is currently happening.

Edit: Wow OK, this is a very old thread...