AKL up there with the best?

Old Sep 12, 17, 7:42 pm

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gratn View Post
I've flown MEL-AKL with post midnight landings twice in the last fortnight. One was about 40 minutes to landslide and the other perhaps 45-50 minutes. Both times the smartgates have been a breeze and the delay has been waiting for luggage. The new bio security queues seem to be helping at that end although each time was probably 5-10 minutes.
Try arriving on an early AM flight around 06:00 I'm usually coming from Shanghai (not sure about the others)....the bio-security queues stretch back to baggage claim area often in ALL lanes.

No complaints with thorough checks but why not offer frequent business travelers i.e. APEC card holders, a break.....
Old Sep 12, 17, 10:01 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by FlyKiwi View Post
No complaints with thorough checks but why not offer frequent business travelers i.e. APEC card holders, a break.....
I agree, it would be great. I often arrive AKL at 5pm ish ex Australia and the queues are longer but move ok. Hopefully once the airside expansion finishes things will be better but AKL remains far behind competitor airports. For example (and ignoring baggage claim) I find Melbourne and Brisbane to be consistently exceptional.
Old Sep 12, 17, 10:20 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (18), EK S, NZ E, IHG Spire RA, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FlyKiwi View Post
Try arriving on an early AM flight around 06:00 I'm usually coming from Shanghai (not sure about the others)....the bio-security queues stretch back to baggage claim area often in ALL lanes.

APEC relates to immigration, not MPI. From MPI's perspective, frequent travelers might present a higher risk than infrequent...
Old Sep 13, 17, 6:07 am

I support the stringent biosecurity checks, especially on foreign travellers.

NZ is such a clean country, we boast about it to others, and it's actually surprising how many foreigners respect that.

Just add more lanes at customs and biosecurity and we've fixed the problem. Remember that resistance to flow decreases in parallel
Old Sep 13, 17, 12:49 pm

Programs: NZ *E, Accor Platinum, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by Eltham View Post
APEC relates to immigration, not MPI. From MPI's perspective, frequent travelers might present a higher risk than infrequent...
And that may be true, but MPI would still face-toface the traveller (from a crew /APEC lane) to determine that. No downside risk. More pax out door faster. Win, win.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: