Tasman wine choices in business premier

Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
As long as they remember the champers I'm happy. 😀
As long as the Sustainability and Recycling program doesn’t extend to refilling the real bottles with Dulcet
sbiddle likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Had the Craggy Range Sophia '13 in July TT, they only had two bottles but i managed to get two glasses and it was amazing!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:10 pm

I've also never come across any of the fine wines in BP, despite asking what all the options are, every time. Last time though the FA noticed I was reading a book on Italian wines and suggested a tasting, so proceeded to pour me a taste of all of their wines with lunch which was fabulous.

Essentially sums up my experience with Air NZ... The staff making up for the short comings in other areas.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Can I add a proviso to that - plus they also remember *to actually chill it before serving*. Laurent Perrier is a respectable drop but it's still disgusting if served warm as a predeparture beverage, as it was on SYD-AKL. Seriously not a very difficult thing to plan for, surely. Really annoys me, as it's such a waste of good champagne (as I end up not drinking more than a few sips, and holding out for a chilled one instead). If you're going to spend the money on serving the good stuff, do it properly!

Re the 'Fine Wines', sounds like it's not an uncommon experience for them to 'forget' to load them. I'm curious to hear from all you who fly NZ more frequently than me - in your experience, what proportion of flights would you say they have the Fine Wine leaflet but none of the actual wines onboard?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
PS: I flew a UA LAX-SYD flight soon after they introduced Polaris. I knew well enough to hold out for the good stuff rather than drinking the swill they serve predparture (which is crappy warm prosecco in a plastic glass). So once we were in flight and they finally got to my row I was parched for a nice chilled glass of champers (like the delicious Ayala they had served on the outbound flight), but what the FA bought was some absolutely disgusting sweet fizzy swill. It took a lot of (polite but firm) insistence from me to get her to check what she'd actually served me, given that I was fairly sure it wasn't actually champagne (after several rounds of her saying defiantly, "Sir, this is most definitely French champagne! Yes we serve champagne") only for her to return red faced from the galley to admit that it was Asti Spumante (retail price under $10) and that the caterers had in fact failed to load any champagne on the entire aircraft! :O

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.