Air nz customer service

Old May 13, 17, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: airnz gold
Air nz customer service

Mustbe getting pretty poor
With a cockup on my last flight and complaint registered over four weeks ago still not actioned.
One auto reply saying they are very busy two weeks ago and then..
The only other reply a week ago was asking for basic stuff like do I have permission to write to them and names if ticket holders ....really fir a gold member, surely they can track it.
I am not amused.
Old May 13, 17, 12:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
similar situation here as an elite. already decided not to have further loyaltu TBH. from hard product, soft product, service to price, air nz is too patchy to bother with anymore
Old May 13, 17, 3:43 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
You could try Mark Street , albeit it will be an unsatisfactory response.
Old May 13, 17, 6:57 pm

The absolute fastest way to get a response from Air NZ is to message them on Facebook. I get replies within 2 hours max. Mention all the details and your airpoints number and they will sort you out asap.

Their regular customer service centre is useless with the volume of emails they must be getting.
Old May 13, 17, 9:35 pm

It was not that many years ago that used to be able to call their customer service during business hours and talk to a person about your issue.

Can only think of one reason why they would cut that...
Old May 14, 17, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by mctuker View Post
The absolute fastest way to get a response from Air NZ is to message them on Facebook. I get replies within 2 hours max. Mention all the details and your airpoints number and they will sort you out asap.

Their regular customer service centre is useless with the volume of emails they must be getting.
I'll second this but add that I usually get a response within minutes during business hours. Only a handful of times has it taken longer than this.

Emails on the other hand... don't even bother. I'm at one month now and still waiting. It is very poor.
Old May 14, 17, 3:39 am
Original Poster

farcebook is no better

Tried that and they just said if you have already sent in an email then there isn't anything they can do
Old May 14, 17, 4:33 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, VA Gold
I called very recently and had a very special request which they handled with complete finesse. They were totally within their rights to tell me to sod off and I knew that but they didn't. Which still makes them my number one airline. I've looked up their postal address because I want to send them something to say thank you.
Old May 14, 17, 7:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ GE
Experiences differ don't they.

My recent ones have been excellent.

Having to change a flight recently which I had booked for Hawaii on a special deal and rolling it into flight to London- needed to be by phone. The woman I spoke to was outstanding - best customer service experience I can remember. Talked me through using and confirming upgrades, best way to do it, etc etc. This thread has reminded me I need to send a note to the Airline thanking them.

Yesterday flying home ex Auckland with my kids - lady at entrance to Koru handled printing boarding passes etc etc with a smile and welcomed us in etc.

Flight crew there and back over the weekend brilliant

Yes I have had bad experiences in the last 6 months with delays and flight cancellations. But overall - I reckon they do well.
Old May 15, 17, 2:16 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
It is hugely variable. Going for months with fantastic experiences. Then Sunday morning early - rude, unhelpful and obstructive. Think they are let down by some bad call centre staff. Most have been fantastic.

BCE
Old May 15, 17, 3:00 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
I've spent probably 1hr15 over 4 calls in the past week trying to book US flights and have had amazing service on the whole 4.

I seem to have struck the worlds worst nightmare booking flights to CES in Jan. Yes 160,000 people go to Vegas but it's a nightmare when the NZ multistep tool shows availability of flights that simply can't be validated regardless of fare class. Something is seriously screwed with Virgin America - they've even got flights showing in Google Flights for 1/3 of the price they actually are when you click through to their site.

And while I'm rambling if people thing NZ domestic fares can be expensive currently US$600 is the cheapest economy fare on United one of those days to SFO and LAX was only fractionally cheaper!
Old May 15, 17, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Yes, buy still

I await a reply back from them...now five weeks and having an incident number is worth ...mmm nothing so far.
Old May 16, 17, 1:41 am

Have spoken to them a few times in the last week and they have been very helpful. The lady I spoke to today proactively checked that we couldn't do what we wanted to do online and voluntarily waived the service fee without needing to be asked to do so. I guess it depends who you get but some staff who are customer focused provide good service.
Old May 17, 17, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by macfod View Post
I await a reply back from them...now five weeks and having an incident number is worth ...mmm nothing so far.
I finally got a reply five weeks later. You may just get yours. I agree it is terrible and highly variable. They gave me some APD but they don't realise I just want the issue fixed. "We'll pass on the feedback". No, don't offer something you know you can't provide.
Old May 17, 17, 9:22 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand f/f, QF f/f Silver. Emirates Skywards
FWIW last year I went on to their online help facility to ask a question. I received an email saying they received my enquiry and I would hear back in 72 hours. I waited a week for their reply, heard nothing and then resent it, same thing - I would get a reply within 72 hours. After 2 weeks of silence I cut and pasted all the email traffic and sent it off to the CEO and surprise surprise I received a phone call from Grabaseat within the hour apologising for the lack of replies and they answered my query.

Search this Thread