Gold Roll Over

Old Apr 30, 17, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Gold Roll Over

My Gold was going to run out on 7/5/17 so I made a trip to AU last weekend which gave me enough SP.

Before this I still had 2* RU's to use

My Account now says:

You have earned enough Status Points to retain Gold Status until 31 May 2018

and I still have 2 RU's

Would these be the previous years RU's or the next years's RUs? (ie would have I to the end of the month to apply them to a new flight and then I then after the 31 May 2017 I will have 2 new RU's to apply to a next flight?

Last edited by Craig Whitmore; Apr 30, 17 at 10:37 pm
Old Apr 30, 17, 9:42 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Just to clarify, your gold was going to run out on 7th April, 2017? (Judging from your Gold Status now thru 31st May 2018)

If so, I believe those are your new RU allocations, and your previous 2 RUs would've been "lost".
Old Apr 30, 17, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

I just edited my post as I made a small typo:

"My Gold was going to run out on 7/5/17 so I made a trip to AU last weekend which gave me enough SP.
"
Old Apr 30, 17, 11:30 pm

Programs: NZ*S, GHA Gold
I'd give Air NZ a call and validate the situation. I suspect you've probably until the end of the month to allocate them to a flight before they are lost.
Old May 1, 17, 4:12 am

Programs: NZ *G
I agree. You should be able to use the upgrades until 7 May, when new ones will appear in your account and any unused old ones will disappear. I think it is normal for the earning period to differ slightly from your benefit period, which explains the disparity in dates.
Old May 2, 17, 1:59 am
Original Poster

I checked with AirNZ and the RU showing are my old ones and I have until the end of the month to apply them to something. After the end of the month I will get 2 new ones and if the old ones are not applied they will be removed.
Old May 2, 17, 4:30 am

Thanks for this, as it answers my question about my silver renewal and when I get my new RU.

(let me know if you need help using those RU's *wink*)

Cheers,
D.
Old May 2, 17, 4:50 am

Programs: airnz gold
My gold is due to run out on 17 june, i have enough status points to make the 37 required but don't fly till 21 st...june
so I reckon I miss out??
but to be trueful I have had poor service from airnz this year I can't be bothered spending more on a wasted flight for what!
i can get lounge passes from my kiwi credit card and priority seating anyone can get.
so looks like gold is gone ...four days short but dates can't be changed
Old May 2, 17, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Buriburi123: Gold RUs can't be given to anyone else . Only Elite ones can.

Macfod: Do a status point run. You need to get the points before the 17th but your gold will run until the end of the month. You will go down to gold so you're get 2 lounge passes from silver and then 2 from your kiwi bank card.
Old May 2, 17, 1:02 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by macfod View Post
My gold is due to run out on 17 june, i have enough status points to make the 37 required but don't fly till 21 st...june
so I reckon I miss out??
but to be trueful I have had poor service from airnz this year I can't be bothered spending more on a wasted flight for what!
i can get lounge passes from my kiwi credit card and priority seating anyone can get.
so looks like gold is gone ...four days short but dates can't be changed
if you call Air NZ they may be able to work their magic and allocate these extra status points for guy, given you will only miss by 4 days. It can't hurt to ask....
Old May 2, 17, 2:04 pm

Programs: airnz gold
thanks

for the reply, yes I have emailed Airnz as I have already four other international flights booked for 2017... sadly they only have Jetstar to compete with or I go Virgin.
My wife is Silver also and we have 6 unused kiwi saver passes in the bag still.
Might drag some people thru with us into the lounge next flight so not to waste them
will post airnz reply...
Saying that they have emailed me back in reply to a complaint made 10 days ago saying they are very busy
Old May 2, 17, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore View Post
Buriburi123: Gold RUs can't be given to anyone else . Only Elite ones can.
Oh true. i'll probably be able to hit gold at the end of the year but it does kind of waste my Koru membership a little. Might try and see if I can delay it until my renewal date, but I suspect too many points would of expired and wont be worth it haha
Old May 2, 17, 8:18 pm

Programs: NZ G
I'd give the Air NZ call centre a go. They extended my requalification date last month by 2 weeks to enable me to get the points required. Requires a bit of diplomacy on your part but should be doable. I think they prefer that option over comping you the additional points.
Old May 2, 17, 11:07 pm

Thanks,

i'll first see how much of my points would have expired by then + how much i'm looking at travelling. Then i'll try my luck if its looking likely