Wiki Posts
Search

MEL lounge opens May 9

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

MEL lounge opens May 9

Finally..!

Media preview and 'official opening' for AirNZX's new Melbourne lounge being held on the evening of Monday May 8, open to travellers the morning of Tuesday May 9.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:27 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I knew it. I fly on May 3, so will try to use the SQ Lounge...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Finally can look forward to flying out of MLE again!

Over an year to refurb an Lounge, surely some qustions need to be asked of NZ's builders....
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Finally can look forward to flying out of MLE again!

Over an year to refurb an Lounge, surely some qustions need to be asked of NZ's builders....
ausbt article in comments section someone mentioned they went into liquidation.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:53 pm

Finally, that temp lounge was not good at all....
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
I live in hope, probably to be dashed, that there will be a space where people can have confidential phone conversations.
I go on about this but it is essential if a lounge is to be a place where one can work while in transit. So far as I know only WLG has a booth and room for privacy. I've used the, unoccupied, children's playroom at AKL INT which worked I suppose. I've said this to AIRNZ.
Some people don't care about privacy (man who spent an hour walking around Sydney lounge the other week sharing the details of a business deal with us - I'm talking about you).
I and the people I work with do value privacy and confidentiality.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by macdo
I live in hope, probably to be dashed, that there will be a space where people can have confidential phone conversations.
I go on about this but it is essential if a lounge is to be a place where one can work while in transit. So far as I know only WLG has a booth and room for privacy. I've used the, unoccupied, children's playroom at AKL INT which worked I suppose. I've said this to AIRNZ.
Some people don't care about privacy (man who spent an hour walking around Sydney lounge the other week sharing the details of a business deal with us - I'm talking about you).
I and the people I work with do value privacy and confidentiality.
I agree entirely, there should be places where you can quietly and privately take or make a phone call. I usually leave the lounge to do so. Equally it works the other way. It should be possible to be able to sit quietly in the lounge and work without someone talking loudly into their phone nearby. The Air NZ website states that you can: "find a quiet space to get that last bit of work done" https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/lounges
I find that more often than not the lounges are anything but a "quiet space". I'll be using the new Melbourne lounge shortly after opening but hold no hope that it will be any different.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
On the other hand those loud phone people have given me a lot of handy industry information and useful confidential competitor info
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
On the other hand those loud phone people have given me a lot of handy industry information and useful confidential competitor info
I'm sure 90% of the New Zealand Political leaks come from the Wellington Koru Club.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum One, United 1K 2MM
Yayyyyy.

Flying May 19th MEL-AKL. Will get to the Airport a bit earlier now so I can explore
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: NZ*E, One World
Fantastic, 3 trips to Melbourne in May, timing is perfect. It has been a long long time coming...

May there be clean plates after being cleaned, PLEASE
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I skipped Koru tonight and went straight to the SIN lounge. It was very pleasant​ with very few people and a pretty solid food offering.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
exactly where else could you source insider trading info? 😂
Old May 3, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Originally Posted by NZDavid
exactly where else could you source insider trading info? 😂
I have been amazed by some of the conversations, unguarded papers and laptop screens actually on flights.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by macdo
I have been amazed by some of the conversations, unguarded papers and laptop screens actually on flights.
My wife and I were on a NZ flight recently where I was in the window seat, she was in the middle and another chap was in the aisle seat. She happened to notice (as he was looking at emails on his phone before takeoff) that he had an email from someone at an organisation she works for and when we arrived at our hotel in Dunedin she told me about this and said she wondered who he was and what role he might have for that organisation. I had happened to notice during the flight that he had read Board papers for three different companies so i quickly did an online companies database search and there was only 1 director who was on all 3 boards. I said to my wife it was x and he lives at x address - she was totally freaked out how I had managed to find this out but it just shows that with so much information online people who are observant can connect bits of information easily when they want to find something out. It is amazing how oblivious some people are to the information they share both in person and online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.