New PMR lounge?

Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
New PMR lounge?

Arriving on a late CHC-PMR flight last week I noticed the lights were on in the old international departure area. All lit up was our new Koru night club style lounge; the pink and turquoise look we are now familiar with. .
SO any ideas when we will leave the Bach for the nightclub? I am on the early flight tomorrow but I am sure we would have been alerted. However, I am happy to be surprised.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: Air NZ *E
My previous understanding was that a new lounge was quite some way away - i.e., the justification for the 'interim' refurb. Surprising that we may be that close to a brand new one, but great if so.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Checked with one of the lounge attendants and they are looking at 11th May. Just waiting for a drinks licence to come through.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:46 am

Interesting news. I see they are hiring (again) for a lounge attendant, but this time are using a contractor / temp agency.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by JayKiwi
My previous understanding was that a new lounge was quite some way away - i.e., the justification for the 'interim' refurb. Surprising that we may be that close to a brand new one, but great if so.
Its an JQ Regional Port, hence the rapid upgraded. Then followed by the replacement lounge.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Its an JQ Regional Port, hence the rapid upgraded. Then followed by the replacement lounge.
i wouldn't think that NZ worries greatly about Lounge qualified patrons using JQ!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by drajknox
i wouldn't think that NZ worries greatly about Lounge qualified patrons using JQ!
NPE,PMR,NSN all had emergency upgrades the month before Jetstar started to fly regionally.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by drajknox
They should. Hard to justify even with horrible experience and cancelled flights when $19 on JQ compared to $159 on NZ
Old May 3, 2017, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by NZDavid
They should. Hard to justify even with horrible experience and cancelled flights when $19 on JQ compared to $159 on NZ
Personally I wouldn't choose them as the delays are too frequent, low frequency of flights means cancelled flights often have no alternative on the same day etc... When a $19 flight is cancelled and there is a $19 refund this is little consolation if one has to pay $259 for an Air NZ flight at the last minute. JQ is also much stricter with their lesser cabin baggage allowance and far less flexible than NZ. And as a wise person once said the most valuable thing one has is one's time.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Big NZ logo now illuminate from within the lounge. It looks like the entrance will be at the opposite end of the terminal from check in - and on the ground floor leading up to a first floor lounge. Quite a classy product for a regional port.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Big NZ logo now illuminate from within the lounge. It looks like the entrance will be at the opposite end of the terminal from check in - and on the ground floor leading up to a first floor lounge. Quite a classy product for a regional port.
Yes I was chatting with Andrew (lounge guy) the other day and he told me that the entry and exit were at the ground floor level. About 3X larger. Should be ready very soon once liquor licensing is sorted. Hopefully will be ready for a couple of my flights this month
Old May 23, 2017, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Our new lounge opens today. I was through on Monday but it was still the old bach-style lounge, but will give it a brief try on Friday, and again on Monday morning.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Might be needed for all those Massey Uni staff with Koru memberships :-0
Old May 24, 2017, 2:42 am

Courtesy of Air New Zealand

Old May 24, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
It has a very cold look with all that light blue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.