FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Hong Kong lounge access for Koru member (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1836985-hong-kong-lounge-access-koru-member.html)

EdFly Apr 16, 17 1:53 am

Hong Kong lounge access for Koru member

Am flying out of Hong Kong to Auckland on an AirNZ ticket & flight. As a Koru member, I assume I have access to the partner lounge (Thai Air)? Not G or GE.

EdFly Apr 16, 17 2:00 am

Air NZ does say "Koru members are welcome to bring a guest into the Air New Zealand International lounge in Auckland and the Thai Airways Business Lounge in Hong Kong".
So a guest is also permitted in the Thai lounge for a Koru member.

Rebound Apr 16, 17 2:01 am

Hong Kong Thai Airways lounge
(including NZ4990, 4992 & 4994 operated by Cathay Pacific)
Find out more for Elite & Star Gold members 1 Guest

Straight off the Air NZ website...

Tratkiwi Apr 16, 17 5:34 am

You can use the Thai lounge as koru. I have done this recently

EdFly Apr 16, 17 5:48 am

Thanks for the replies.
Not that clear from the AirNZ info.
Also quite difficult to book online a multistop international on purely AirNZ operated flights.

sbiddle Apr 16, 17 3:34 pm

The multistop tool has been seriously broken for years. If you want anything other than simple flights booking via the call centre or travel agent is the best option.

macdo Apr 16, 17 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 28187285)
The multistop tool has been seriously broken for years. If you want anything other than simple flights booking via the call centre or travel agent is the best option.

Phew, thought it was just me....

Thai-Kiwi Apr 22, 17 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by EdFly (Post 28185163)
Air NZ does say "Koru members are welcome to bring a guest into the Air New Zealand International lounge in Auckland and the Thai Airways Business Lounge in Hong Kong".
So a guest is also permitted in the Thai lounge for a Koru member.

About 5 years ago when entering the Thai Lounge in HKG, I noted a KC member and his guest were prevented from entry to the lounge with staff saying something like it was not a Star Gold card and so access was not allowed. That might have been correct or a staff mistake.

I can see that the NZ website clearly shows access is allowed into the Thai lounge at HKG, not surprising given the Air NZ traffic.

I recall as a KC member quite a few years ago I managed to bluff my way into a couple of non-NZ *G lounges, but was (correctly) tuned away in on most attempts.

sbiddle Apr 22, 17 9:48 pm

The Thai lounge is the only one if you're only a Koru member. If you've *G you get to pick between the Thai, Singapore and United lounges.

If you're NZ Gold or Elite you'll get all of those flying on another *A flight, or if you're flying back to NZ you'll get access to all the CX business lounges and would be crazy not to visit The Pier as it's a huge step up from the other lounges.

Rebound Apr 22, 17 10:38 pm

The Pier is good, the UA lounge for shower isn't bad but I've used the Singapore lounge a few times on my last visits and the showers were good there, but its miles away from the NZ gate.

libertyuk Apr 23, 17 3:45 pm

The Bridge (CX) is good as well, close to the NZ gate, has tended bar and pizza at one end, barista coffee at another. Showers good, easily outdoes the *A lounges at HKG (as does the Pier).

Sam_87 Apr 23, 17 7:37 pm

I'd be in the same boat as OP,

And i'd just go sit in the departure lounge.... The Thai lounge, is pretty damn awful......

Beano Apr 23, 17 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 28217075)
The Thai lounge is the only one if you're only a Koru member. If you've *G you get to pick between the Thai, Singapore and United lounges.

If you're NZ Gold or Elite you'll get all of those flying on another *A flight, or if you're flying back to NZ you'll get access to all the CX business lounges and would be crazy not to visit The Pier as it's a huge step up from the other lounges.

Does it have to be a airnz flight on a CX plane or can it be a airnz flight on a airnz plane too?

sbiddle Apr 23, 17 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 28220890)
Does it have to be a airnz flight on a CX plane or can it be a airnz flight on a airnz plane too?

NZ or CX metal

Air NZ website lists the full details incl access when flying onwards on CX or Dragonair.

gambda Apr 11, 19 8:04 pm

I realise this is an old thread but just want to see if the above statements around CX lounge access in HK is still accurate?

I have Elite status with Air NZ and will be in transit at HKG arriving from BCN for my flight back to NZ on NZ80 (ticketed by Air NZ).
I'm travelling in PE but my companion is in Economy. We are on 2 different bookings but I have called Air NZ to cross-reference the 2 bookings as i have put in APD upgrade request for my companion to PE which hasn't cleared yet.
My question is will both of us be allowed access into the CX Business class lounges ? Companion doesn't have any status.

Thanks