Hong Kong lounge access for Koru member

Old Apr 11, 19, 8:26 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gambda View Post
I realise this is an old thread but just want to see if the above statements around CX lounge access in HK is still accurate?

I have Elite status with Air NZ and will be in transit at HKG arriving from BCN for my flight back to NZ on NZ80 (ticketed by Air NZ).
I'm travelling in PE but my companion is in economy...
My question is will both of us be allowed access into the CX Business class lounges ? Companion doesn't have any status.

Thanks
As a *G with your NZ status (NZ Gold Elite, right?), you are entitled to use any *G lounge in HKG prior to flying on NZ80, and to host a guest as well. I prefer the TG and SQ lounges, even if SQ is a bit distant.

Not sure accessing a CX lounge is relevant in this circumstance.
Old Apr 11, 19, 9:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
As a *G with your NZ status (NZ Gold Elite, right?), you are entitled to use any *G lounge in HKG prior to flying on NZ80, and to host a guest as well. I prefer the TG and SQ lounges, even if SQ is a bit distant.

Not sure accessing a CX lounge is relevant in this circumstance.
Yes my reading of this https://www.airnewzealand.com/co-ope...cathay-pacific is that the Cathay Business Lounges only apply if you are flying CX metal (on an NZ flight number)

Airpoints Elite and Gold benefits

Lounge access

Departing New Zealand to Hong Kong: Gold and Elite members may access the Air New Zealand International Lounge, when departing on a booking with an NZ flight number from New Zealand to Hong Kong, including NZ4993, NZ4995 or NZ4999 operated by Cathay Pacific. Usual guest allowance privileges for this lounge apply.

Departing Hong Kong to New Zealand: Gold and Elite members, plus one guest, may access the Cathay Pacific Business class lounges in Hong Kong airport when departing on a booking with an NZ flight number to New Zealand, including NZ4992, NZ4994 or NZ4998 operated by Cathay Pacific.
Old Apr 11, 19, 9:13 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
You can access any CX business lounge with 1 guest. It does not matter what status/class that they are.

I haven't flown through HKG since the middle of 2016 (going again in a couple of months) just after The Pier reopened, but it seems now while that's still the nicest business lounge, lots of people like The Deck because it has an outdoors area with great views.
Old Apr 11, 19, 9:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
You can access any CX business lounge with 1 guest. It does not matter what status/class that they are.

I haven't flown through HKG since the middle of 2016 (going again in a couple of months) just after The Pier reopened, but it seems now while that's still the nicest business lounge, lots of people like The Deck because it has an outdoors area with great views.
My reading is this only applies if you are flying on CX metal on NZ codeshare flight number, if you are flying NZ metal on an NZ flight number only Star Alliance applies?
Old Apr 11, 19, 9:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Carefully reading the statement posted on Air NZ website implies that Airpoints Gold and Elite members flying NZ80 (or NZ499x) will also have access to CX Business class lounges ?

Departing Hong Kong to New Zealand: Gold and Elite members, plus one guest, may access the Cathay Pacific Business class lounges in Hong Kong airport when departing on a booking with an NZ flight number to New Zealand, including NZ4992, NZ4994 or NZ4998 operated by Cathay Pacific.

The keyword being "including" in the above.
Old Apr 11, 19, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by gambda View Post
Carefully reading the statement posted on Air NZ website implies that Airpoints Gold and Elite members flying NZ80 (or NZ499x) will also have access to CX Business class lounges ?

The keyword being "including" in the above.
Aha! Sorry my bad! Well spotted

in that case my advice is go The Pier, great lounge!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 11, 19, 9:34 pm

Thanks. Hopefully lounge staff at entry are aware of this benefit.
Old Apr 11, 19, 11:58 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Just don't wear your jandals. You'll look out of place following Koru dress standards.
ps107 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:19 am

Never have and never will
ps107 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:44 am

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
My reading is this only applies if you are flying on CX metal on NZ codeshare flight number, if you are flying NZ metal on an NZ flight number only Star Alliance applies?
If you are G or E on Air NZ you are allowed one guest into the CX Business lounges flying on NZ metal. Since this was introduced I have not been near the Star lounges in HK as they are pretty poor compared to the CX Business lounges.
ps107 and libertyuk like this.
Old May 9, 19, 8:53 pm

Just wanted to report back on the experience

We first headed to the Bridge as that was the one closest from where we had gotten off a CX flight from BCN & after clearing security.
The attendant at Bridge had no idea about the Air NZ lounge policy for Airpoints Gold / Elite customers & wasn't very friendly.
I showed her my Airpoints Elite card & boarding pass (as the boarding pass printed out by CX agent at BCN did not show my Airpoints status) and insisted she look up her rules book. She finally admitted us without making any eye contact.

The Bridge was nice and peaceful. There weren't many people at that time of the day so we headed out to the back (near the barista area) where there's huge sofas to stretch out a wee bit which was nice after enduring a 13 hour flight in Y.

After a couple of hours, we made our way to the Pier. Spent 2 hours in the relaxation room for a snooze (if you can put up with the constant, jarring flight announcements), showered and spent some time at the tea house and then the bar.

The Deck was pretty basic - small, crowded and not many drinks options. Bad decision. Should have spent more time at the Pier.

Didn't have enough time to check out The Wing.

Apart from the entry into Bridge, the attendants were all friendly and admitted us straight away upon presenting the Airpoints Elite digital card and boarding pass.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: