ANZ IFE screen sharing feature?

Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
ANZ IFE screen sharing feature?

Hi, has anyone here tried the screen sharing feature on one of their flights? I'm a design student looking at IFEs and unfortunately never flown ANZ, I'm wonder if anyone tried that feature and what their thoughts. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by ben1979
Hi, has anyone here tried the screen sharing feature on one of their flights? I'm a design student looking at IFEs and unfortunately never flown ANZ, I'm wonder if anyone tried that feature and what their thoughts. Thanks!
Yeap, I've used it a number of times travelling with someone. A nice way to watch a movie "together".
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Is there anything you would improve or change about the experience? Anything you disliked? Anything that you find really great?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:36 am

Yes, I've used it before with family. It's a nice way to watch the same show at the same time but if one person pauses (to get up etc...) it then it doesn't pause on the other screen and it makes it hard to get back in sync unless you start the whole screen sharing process from the start.

You can block the seats next to you from seeing what you're watching so if you're not with them then you can stop them from watching what you're watching.

The A320's used to have 12 channels fed from the main computer which were all in sync. Each channel had a different program on loop (like old school ife) and this was on top of the on demand entertainment, so I guess the screen sharing idea is just built on that idea.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henrus
You can block the seats next to you from seeing what you're watching so if you're not with them then you can stop them from watching what you're watching.
Can you explain how this works?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:18 pm

Yeh they have a button on the screen sharing area which is something along the lines of "Stop Sharing Screen" and when you press that, the seats around you can no longer see what you're watching (it just appears as if nothing is playing on the screen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.