Search

Akl-adl 789

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Akl-adl 789

https://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zea...laide-auckland

I hope they advertise places like Kangaroo Island to increase tourism to ADL and all the SA wineries for tourism.

Nice for those travelling to have a 789 over the A320 and the option to upgrade and not to have to fly through MEL and onto VA without status credits.

Hope NZ grabs more share of those wanting to fly to other destinations eg US
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
That's a huge win for ADL and those wanting to fly in a Premium Class
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
With the increasing competition at home, they need as much Aussie long haul feed as possible even from ADL.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
I'm interested in the reported frequency. Currently (March '17) there are six direct flights a week. Looking around this seems to fall to five in July '17.
That article says six a week in 'peak season' yet week of 5th January '18 there are only five. For me frequent direct flights probably more important than the 789/320 choice. Still not long enough to make paying for an upgrade worthwhile but I see the value to those connecting to long haul.
The direct flight timings aren't too bad and you can take a long weekend on Adelaide ex-Auckland nicely. Direct is much better than the via Melbourne option for reasons given above plus longer flight plus the weird Australian timezone shifts make my head spin
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by macdo
I'm interested in the reported frequency. Currently (March '17) there are six direct flights a week. Looking around this seems to fall to five in July '17.
That article says six a week in 'peak season' yet week of 5th January '18 there are only five. For me frequent direct flights probably more important than the 789/320 choice. Still not long enough to make paying for an upgrade worthwhile but I see the value to those connecting to long haul.
The direct flight timings aren't too bad and you can take a long weekend on Adelaide ex-Auckland nicely. Direct is much better than the via Melbourne option for reasons given above plus longer flight plus the weird Australian timezone shifts make my head spin
One ups might be worth looking into on this route or elite APD upgrades. I'd look at a longer weekend if I could hop to Kangaroo Island same day. Prefer that over a weekend in cities eg syd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.