2 skycouch or premium economy

Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
2 skycouch or premium economy

Going STL-IAH-AKL-BNE round trip. Already have 1 sky couch booked on both long legs (outbound and return). 4 of us going, but both kids are older.

Looking at it, we could get 2 skycouch for an additional 2k total (600 + 600, -200 initial investment each leg), or we could bid 2000 total ( 667 each) for the outbound PE, which is considered on our flight a very high strong bid.

So trying to determine the better use of dollars, it seems 2 sky couches ends up being a far superior, guaranteed option. However, its still normal economy.

If we didn't end up in PE on our outbound bid, we could still bid on the return, but if we won the outbound we would be in our single couch on the return.

We got the fares crazy cheap (538 per ticket), so the upgrade to guaranteed PE is around an additional 1200 per ticket, per direction. Not really viable.

Any reason why PE a single direction would be better than a couch both directions for the same generic amount of money?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:08 pm

This has been discussed before, and the consensus is that 2 adults of average western size will not be comfortable on a skycouch (if I understand correctly that you would share each couch between two people).

PE is basically what business class was a few years ago, and imho NZ's PE is a very solid product, worth the upgrade over Y.

That said, I think the question is whether to get a certain skycouch or an uncertain upgrade, but I'd still prefer PE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.