Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ Operated flight and Koru

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Air NZ Operated flight and Koru

Hi all, if you fly on a Lufthansa Ticketed fare. Can you use the Koru Lounge on the Air NZ Operated legs with Koru Membership. Thinking about AKL & IAH legs......

Thanks in Advance...
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you mean by "Lufthansa Ticketed fare"?
LH or NZ flight numbers?
Purchased from LH?
Ticket number starts with 086 (Air NZ) or 220 (LH)?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Officially you, will not get Lounge access on LH ticketed and coded fares.

Although I've got into the AKL before, just be scanning my boarding pass and its gone green
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
If you're on LH (220) ticket stock the answer is a definate no as you have no entitlement to lounge access.

You may have an exception at AKL as posted above, but you definately won't get access at IAH since it's a UA partner lounge so they check for eligability.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I've seen a few of these LH tickets issued for NZ mentioned on here now. Is it cheaper than buying from NZ?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I've seen a few of these LH tickets issued for NZ mentioned on here now. Is it cheaper than buying from NZ?
Definitely some good deals to be had - I did AKL-SIN//HKG-HEL//LIS-BOS//SFO-AKL last year for $1200, all LH metal apart from sectors in and out of AKL.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:07 am

Defiantly - last year I did AKL-YVR-LAX-FRA-FCO-ZRH-PVG-AKL.

Originally was just planning AKL-YVR return on NZ, but they wanted $2400 for the dates I wanted, did the above routing on an LH issued ticket for $2000.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Great way to get to Europe, cheaper than NZ and don't have to go through the USA. I personally find Asia a much more pleasant way to go. I have an upcoming booking with them including SQ, LX, LH and NZ. When traveling business you do need to check it is not in P class, which has little or no AirPoints and SC earning.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Ah - very cool!

Yes I've become accustomed to checking fare classes when booking something new. Hate surprises.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[off topic]

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Defiantly - last year I did AKL-YVR-LAX-FRA-FCO-ZRH-PVG-AKL.

Originally was just planning AKL-YVR return on NZ, but they wanted $2400 for the dates I wanted, did the above routing on an LH issued ticket for $2000.
Originally Posted by edmm
Great way to get to Europe, cheaper than NZ and don't have to go through the USA. I personally find Asia a much more pleasant way to go. I have an upcoming booking with them including SQ, LX, LH and NZ.
How have you booked these?
Travel agent or on line or ???

[/off topic]
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
[off topic]

[/off topic]
I always book these mixed airline long haul journeys using a travel agent, he's really good and less chance of messing it up.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Used the ITA Matrix by Google to find the fare, then printed it out an took it to Flight Centre to get issued.

Best thing was that I got 500ADP, as some of the flights we're on LX flight numbers. Watch-out for T on LH as its non-earning on NZ, but the LX rates on NZ are pretty good.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Officially you, will not get Lounge access on LH ticketed and coded fares.

Although I've got into the AKL before, just be scanning my boarding pass and its gone green

Wee update for a laugh..

Went to AKL Int lounge with LH ticketed fare, but obviously on Air NZ boarding pass & operated flight...

Quite rightly with Koru Membership, scanner went red....

Acted naive and showed the ANZ staff on desk, who couldn't understand why I couldn't get in, and then proceeded to let me in.

Have to laugh ANZ staff don't know their own rules!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_87
Wee update for a laugh..

Went to AKL Int lounge with LH ticketed fare, but obviously on Air NZ boarding pass & operated flight...

Quite rightly with Koru Membership, scanner went red....

Acted naive and showed the ANZ staff on desk, who couldn't understand why I couldn't get in, and then proceeded to let me in.

Have to laugh ANZ staff don't know their own rules!
Priceless - although its an pretty stupid rule in the first place, they should atleast be happy your still flying on them...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Hopefully no NZ staff are reading this , actually there is a good chance given the would have picked up on quite a few inconsistencies already.

Them in their little bubble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.