Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Points earned after re-qualify for elite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points earned after re-qualify for elite?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Further to my post above i have now got my banked year and the app tells me I am 11 points away from 3000 when i get a gift.

Any idea what these are typically?

Cheers
try for the 5,000 and 7,500 ?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Beano
try for the 5,000 and 7,500 ?
hahaha! yes might as well set myself some kind of goal! Perhaps the "gift" at 7500 is EP1!!!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:37 pm

New target 7500

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
hahaha! yes might as well set myself some kind of goal! Perhaps the "gift" at 7500 is EP1!!!
EP1 ...you need to sign the company many $m travel contract with AIRNZ to get that

if you get 7500sp you would spend so much time in the air your family would not recognise you lol
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
EP1 ...you need to sign the company many $m travel contract with AIRNZ to get that
That's one way, yes. But there are others...
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
That's one way, yes. But there are others...
There's the celebrity route. Others yet?

I spent a few travel hours with an EP1 a couple months ago. He fell into the individual + company spend category.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints Elite/*A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Accor ALL Diamond
Does the NZ vs. *A/P/CC earn ratio of 60/40 continue to apply to points earned after Elite re-qualification towards rollover and banked year, or do all rollover points count regardless of origin? My current situation: I will re-qualify for Elite soon, but expect most points beyond that - within the current FF year - will come from *A flights and credit cards, if not all. If the ratio is maintained, all those points will essentially be lost and it would be wise to credit them to another programme right away.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by adventure_seeker
Does the NZ vs. *A/P/CC earn ratio of 60/40 continue to apply to points earned after Elite re-qualification towards rollover and banked year, or do all rollover points count regardless of origin? My current situation: I will re-qualify for Elite soon, but expect most points beyond that - within the current FF year - will come from *A flights and credit cards, if not all. If the ratio is maintained, all those points will essentially be lost and it would be wise to credit them to another programme right away.
you need to get 2,400 SP of which 1,400 SP have to be on AIRNZ flights
if you re'qualified with all airnz flights for your 1,350 SP then you only need 50 airnz SP and 1,000 ☆A and credit cards
Old May 22, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints Elite/*A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Accor ALL Diamond
you need to get 2,400 SP of which 1,400 SP have to be on AIRNZ flights
if you re'qualified with all airnz flights for your 1,350 SP then you only need 50 airnz SP and 1,000 ☆A and credit cards
Okay - no, the 1,350 points are a mix, in fact, I'm long past that threshold, just waiting for additional NZ points to get me over the re-qualification line. No chance of accumulating 1,400 on NZ as I travel internationally more than into/out of NZ. Guess that answers the question: I should pick another programme and credit all non-NZ *A earn there.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by adventure_seeker
Okay - no, the 1,350 points are a mix, in fact, I'm long past that threshold, just waiting for additional NZ points to get me over the re-qualification line. No chance of accumulating 1,400 on NZ as I travel internationally more than into/out of NZ. Guess that answers the question: I should pick another programme and credit all non-NZ *A earn there.
Look at your frequent destinations and see if is a hub for another airline. Aim for status with another alliance eg. OW or ST.
libertyuk likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:44 pm

Hi. I just missed out on a bonus year by 29 points. So I have 1021 rollover points. I understand these can't be applied towards another banked year. I will easily earn another 2000 points or so. My question is: what happens to all these extra points if I just miss out on another bonus year?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:54 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SimonNZ
Hi. I just missed out on a bonus year by 29 points. So I have 1021 rollover points. I understand these can't be applied towards another banked year. I will easily earn another 2000 points or so. My question is: what happens to all these extra points if I just miss out on another bonus year?
Rollover points are only useful for qualifying the next year, and then only if you wouldn't otherwise have qualified. They don't carry forward a second year and Air NZ has no lifetime status for them to count towards.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:28 am

Why not travel a little bit more on Airnz (enough to get 329SP and then the easily get 1671SP on another airline programme ...so nothing is wasted
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:40 pm

Thanks very much. I travel mainly to USA or Asia, so I guess Singapore or United.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:40 pm

Thanks very much. I travel mainly to USA or Asia, so I guess Singapore or United.
Law of Diminishing returns sets in with another * Gold (SQ or UA) if you already have *A Gold with NZ.

If you have 1600+ SP to accrue elsewhere, try One World Emerald (eg, QF, CX etc..).
Who knows, you might even prefer the First/Platinum lounges some airlines offer to the standard *A lounge.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Given you can get lifetime status on other programmes (e.g. QFF), I wouldn't be making any effort to go beyond Elite status with NZ, if you have choices that are of comparable quality and price (which for long haul is pretty easy).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.