Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Swipe Airpoints card as well as Airpoints Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swipe Airpoints card as well as Airpoints Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
At Z stations, do you get part Airpoints Dollar if you only filled less than 100L of fuel or do they accumulate all transactions and credit you 1 whole APD until you reached 100L? How does it work at New World and Mitre 10?

Also have they replaced cards for status holders recently? All the Jade members in the family have received their new cards but not Silver and above.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: NZ*E
I am still very confused about this 'new' concept. Why do i need to swipe both cards? I have tried to to that at NW and the icon changed betweeen the cards I have swiped and since it was a self check out, i ended up not making a fool of myself, i can imagine the checkout person going.. but I have already scanned your new world card...

Agree that BNZ gives a better rate for cash back, but having my very bad experience with them, i will NEVER go back and they still owning me an apology when they changed my name on the credit card without informing me, causing problems.

The unbundling with Air NZ may be part of the much bigger reason why they are laying people off... not that it was its sole reason i am sure, but they did lose quite a big customer base (at least that is my understanding)
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
I am still very confused about this 'new' concept. Why do i need to swipe both cards? I have tried to to that at NW and the icon changed betweeen the cards I have swiped and since it was a self check out, i ended up not making a fool of myself, i can imagine the checkout person going.. but I have already scanned your new world card...

Agree that BNZ gives a better rate for cash back, but having my very bad experience with them, i will NEVER go back and they still owning me an apology when they changed my name on the credit card without informing me, causing problems.

The unbundling with Air NZ may be part of the much bigger reason why they are laying people off... not that it was its sole reason i am sure, but they did lose quite a big customer base (at least that is my understanding)
If you swipe the NW Card, you get APD for NW spend and NW Discounts
If you swipe you AP card, you only get APD for NW spend and no NW Discounts

If you pay with an AP Credit Card you APD for CC spend

So for best earn swipe NW card (NW spend APD & NW Discounts) and pay with AP Credit Card (CC spend APD). (Assuming the discounts will give you more cash than the lose of NW & CC spend earn of APD)
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by nzkarit
If you swipe the NW Card, you get APD for NW spend and NW Discounts
If you swipe you AP card, you only get APD for NW spend and no NW Discounts

If you pay with an AP Credit Card you APD for CC spend

So for best earn swipe NW card (NW spend APD & NW Discounts) and pay with AP Credit Card (CC spend APD). (Assuming the discounts will give you more cash than the lose of NW & CC spend earn of APD)
Thanks, that makes sense.... with my two recent visits, i had scanned both and I don't think there was a difference in price.. maybe i did not buy anything that needed a NW discount, but of course by default, all spend are with APCC

The NW discount (if apply) would definitely be more than that of the APCC earn
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Also have they replaced cards for status holders recently? All the Jade members in the family have received their new cards but not Silver and above.
They have replaced cards for those who haven't used OneSmart. If you have used OneSmart the new cards are still not being issued.

Air NZ have sent out a few emails explaining what is happening.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I try not to shop at New World as they're NZ's most expensive. I am holding out hope NZ combine partners and NZ card into one. Surely they realise people hate carting cards around!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:47 pm

It seems the new cards will use Travelex as the credit card provider rather than BNZ.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
They have replaced cards for those who haven't used OneSmart. If you have used OneSmart the new cards are still not being issued.

Air NZ have sent out a few emails explaining what is happening.
Indeed. The email has just landed. It mentions that they have switched onesmart account supplier to Travelex, meaning they have cut ties with BNZ completely.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:33 am

Got this email tonight:

We've recently welcomed a number of new partners into the Airpoints™ programme, as well as a new partner to operate OneSmart™. This means we're issuing you with a new Airpoints card, which will also be your new OneSmart card. It should be in your letterbox in the next couple of weeks and it replaces your existing card. Once it arrives, all you need to do is activate your new card to be able to load funds and start earning Airpoints Dollars™ overseas. If you do not wish to use OneSmart, you do not need to do anything.

Airpoints card
Everything you need to know will be included when you receive your new card.

Our records show your existing OneSmart Account has a zero balance. We will close your account on 8 December 2016. This is in-line with your existing OneSmart Account Terms and Conditions.
Bank of New Zealand is the issuer of the OneSmart Account until your funds are transferred to your new OneSmart card, or your OneSmart Account is closed. Terms and Conditions and fees apply.

OneSmart is an unsecured debt security issued by Travelex Card Services Limited (the "Issuer"), a member of the Travelex Group. OneSmart is not guaranteed by any member of the Travelex Group or any other entity.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Name on credit card

Originally Posted by mmonster

Yes it is odd the bnz changed my name too (without a request from me)
Would not change it back too
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I've stopped using both NW and Airpoints cards. Too confusing to track. If i want NW discounts, there are temporary cards to use at checkout.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:11 am

Looks like the new onesmart card will no longer support Airpoints Top up which will make Kiwibank credit cards the only means to top up unlimited Airpoints. There were plans to introduce a 20% Top up fee but it was never implemented.

I have long advocated the Top up function was the source of the poor design of the programme.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
The new OneSmart website is broken. HTTP 500 errors and gawd knows what else. "Aussies - no surprises there!"

The old site may not be pretty but at least it works consistently.

I get the feeling the Travelex call centre, unlike the one for the old BNZ card, is also overseas. Seriously, fellas, this isn't how you keep NZ working

justakiwi
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:42 pm

I have issues with Travelex because they use Perpetual Trust as their trustee. They've done some questionable things since the GFC.

It's why I would't use my ANZ travel card after ANZ dumped their own in-house product a few years ago.

Last edited by sbiddle; Nov 15, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.