Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Lounge access

I have a day trip for work tomorrow to Christchurch arriving at 0830, then departing back to Dunedin at 1700. I thought I'd read somewhere that lounge access is only available within 4 hours of departure, but can't seething on the new website about this (albeit only a quick search).
Is this just to discourage people from turning up way too early, or will I be scanning red upon entry if I try to pop upstairs for a coffee before meeting in town?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Should be fine - they say its 4 hours, but never had it enforced don't think NZ's system is that smart.

If you can get it go green on an code-share ticket, with Koru don't think it will be timed access.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
For regional this has happened to me at least twice where access was denied by the machine. Staff didn't bother helping
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
It is up to the discretion of the door staff. A message will appear on the screen and they need to click the override.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Update:Checked with the Premium Checkin Desk and was told if I have access, and a flight today, I'll be let in. Scanned in green and grabbed a coffee and couple of croissants on ththe fly.
As an aside, I was tailing someone out of the lounge with the lounge with a new looking Koru bag tag. Looked good and I was a little jealous.....
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Wrijo
or will I be scanning red upon entry if I try to pop upstairs for a coffee before meeting in town?
The way this is written - were you using the lounge like an arrivals lounge in CHC? Getting a coffee then heading to meeting in CHC or were you entering early before the flight back to Dunedin?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
The way this is written - were you using the lounge like an arrivals lounge in CHC? Getting a coffee then heading to meeting in CHC or were you entering early before the flight back to Dunedin?
Yes, grabbed a coffee on the run.
Checked at the premium checkin downstairs, and was told this wasn't an issue. Would have happily paid $10-$15 for a coffee and food if I was told no, but thought I'd be cheeky and ask! Scanned green both this morning on entry, and later this afternoon upon re-entry. I was wondering if there would be any issue re-entering this afternoon (twice in one day).
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:35 am

I've never known it to scan red due to the 4-hour threshold. I think this is in-place to control PAX numbers in the lounge, should the need arise.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by codyc1515
I've never known it to scan red due to the 4-hour threshold. I think this is in-place to control PAX numbers in the lounge, should the need arise.

Understand. Makes sense. Interesting it wasn't discouraged when I asked landside......
Wouldn't think I could handle a genuine 8h+ connection in the lounge.
Didn't really see the harm in a quick "in and out".
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:41 pm
HKU

I ran into this today in Auckland for a flight to Wellington. Machine went red when I scanned my boarding pass at the regional lounge 5.5 hours before my flight. Checked with supervisor and it was a no go. (Just wanted to quickly check out the regional lounge before the domestic one)

Interestingly, at the domestic lounge machine scanned green, but the lounge 'dragon' informed me (quite rudely) that "I had already been advised of the four hour rule and would not be allowed entry".

I guess the lesson is to go straight to the domestic lounge for an extended lounge stay
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wrijo
Update:Checked with the Premium Checkin Desk and was told if I have access, and a flight today, I'll be let in. Scanned in green and grabbed a coffee and couple of croissants on ththe fly.
As an aside, I was tailing someone out of the lounge with the lounge with a new looking Koru bag tag. Looked good and I was a little jealous.....
Was the new card double card one being metal like the Virgin Australia ones?
Or like the metal key ring they give to some airnz flyers?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by HKU
nterestingly, at the domestic lounge machine scanned green, but the lounge 'dragon' informed me (quite rudely) that "I had already been advised of the four hour rule and would not be allowed entry".
I've been allowed into WLG domestic prior to 4 hours before a flight, although being elite and it being off peak probably helped.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by HKU
I ran into this today in Auckland for a flight to Wellington. Machine went red when I scanned my boarding pass at the regional lounge 5.5 hours before my flight. Checked with supervisor and it was a no go. (Just wanted to quickly check out the regional lounge before the domestic one)

Interestingly, at the domestic lounge machine scanned green, but the lounge 'dragon' informed me (quite rudely) that "I had already been advised of the four hour rule and would not be allowed entry".

I guess the lesson is to go straight to the domestic lounge for an extended lounge stay
Interesting. I have definitely been allowed into NZ lounges in advance of the four hour period in the past. I wonder if this is a new thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.