Spaceseat axed from Boeing 777-300ER

Old Mar 12, 17, 11:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), KLM FB S, QF S, Avancia Gold
Originally Posted by PSPAirliner View Post
think I got a deal. Premium economy (still slated to be the space seat through June or July) for $1350 r/t

I like the 41" pitch. Should be comfortable but I have a question: they market the center seats for folks traveling together. What has been your feedback for a single traveler? I like the idea of inside aisle as no one to crawl over.

Thoughts?
i always prefer the centre seats for the same reason for the aisle access and no one potentially climbing over me.
Old Mar 12, 17, 11:26 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I definitely prefer the "middle" seats as a solo traveller..... no on to get past /allow past....
Old Mar 13, 17, 12:34 am

It will be fine. I think the middle pair of seats has less privacy, but there is a decent gap between you and your neighbour and, as others have noted, no one needs to climb past you. Overall it will be a big step up from Y.
Old Mar 13, 17, 1:03 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
I always prefer the middle seats whether I'm by myself or with somebody.
Old Mar 15, 17, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Re: spaceseat

Thanks very much for the feedback guys. I immediately changed to right side center aisle.

Bobby
Old Mar 16, 17, 7:29 pm

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Just had an isle seat (centre) from Auckland to LAX... how uncomfortable... being seated on an angle when you really want to be sat straight, I'm tall 6'1-2 and not getting to somewhat stretch when seated.. similar when I get a bulk head :/ Uncomfortable too when the screen folds out and is pretty close to your face! hah

Though, I cannot fault the service on AirNZ... they were great!!

Three sectors were in the normal PE seats... and one was the Spaceseat.. it did look great in photos but not really practical.
Old Mar 16, 17, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by MattJ View Post
Just had an isle seat (centre) from Auckland to LAX... how uncomfortable... being seated on an angle when you really want to be sat straight, I'm tall 6'1-2 and not getting to somewhat stretch when seated.. similar when I get a bulk head :/ Uncomfortable too when the screen folds out and is pretty close to your face! hah

Three sectors were in the normal PE seats... and one was the Spaceseat.. it did look great in photos but not really practical.
I'd suggest it is this feedback which is precisely the reason they are getting replaced for the 789/772 product!
Old Mar 17, 17, 1:05 am

Programs: Nz*G
Originally Posted by MattJ View Post

mate were you alone or sharing the centre seats with your partner?
me and my gf are doing this soon and have selected centre seats, my thinking was I could put my legs accross to her side and vice versa for more comfort. In the past I've taken the b seat at bulkhead which is great but already taken this trip.
So if travelling as a couple how do you think the leg room would be? I am 6foot 2 as well
Old Mar 18, 17, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Lpmnz View Post
mate were you alone or sharing the centre seats with your partner?
me and my gf are doing this soon and have selected centre seats, my thinking was I could put my legs accross to her side and vice versa for more comfort. In the past I've taken the b seat at bulkhead which is great but already taken this trip.
So if travelling as a couple how do you think the leg room would be? I am 6foot 2 as well
I was travelling Solo but the gentleman next to me was fine to chat with at the start and sit next to throughout the flight. I would in-fact choose the centre seats if you were a couple travelling rather than the two seats isle/window combo so at least she or you won't have to climb over her...
Old Mar 18, 17, 4:03 pm

I agree re middle seats being better for couples in this configuration. That said, even the window pair is ok and way better for couples than up front in Business Premier.

In terms of leg room, I'm 6 ft 5 in and find the leg room to be good, with the window seats being slighter better than other seats. I usually sit on aisles but make an exception for Spaceseats.
Old Mar 18, 17, 6:15 pm

If I were to fly Business Premier as a couple, it would have to be the two front seats so we don't have to see others feets.
Old Mar 18, 17, 6:29 pm

The biggest advantage of the centre seats is that you can sit cross legged and can pull up the divider in the middle which to me is the perfect armrest for sleeping.

At the end of the Spaceseat is a polarising product with 50% of people absolutely loving it, and 50% hating it. I've now had 4 flights in the new PE seat over the last few months and haven't slept as well in any of those as what I do on every Spaceseat flight. I truly love it and it's going to be sad once it's gone.
Old Mar 18, 17, 7:55 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
The biggest advantage of the centre seats is that you can sit cross legged and can pull up the divider in the middle which to me is the perfect armrest for sleeping.

At the end of the Spaceseat is a polarising product with 50% of people absolutely loving it, and 50% hating it. I've now had 4 flights in the new PE seat over the last few months and haven't slept as well in any of those as what I do on every Spaceseat flight. I truly love it and it's going to be sad once it's gone.
I've now done at least three flights in the new(er) PE seat, and haven't slept as well as Spaceseat flights on any of them........and however you slice it, being seated in 'the middle of the middle' row when travelling on your own, on a 2-4-2 PE config, is pretty lousy IMHO.
Old Mar 18, 17, 8:17 pm

My secret so far too getting slightly better sleep on the Zodiac seat is to steal another two pillows so I can have one under each arm as an armrest. I find I don't wake up some often with sore arms.

They should just leave one row at the front and call it PE+ just for the people who want to sit in them!
Old Mar 19, 17, 3:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by JayKiwi View Post
I've now done at least three flights in the new(er) PE seat, and haven't slept as well as Spaceseat flights on any of them........and however you slice it, being seated in 'the middle of the middle' row when travelling on your own, on a 2-4-2 PE config, is pretty lousy IMHO.
Agree. Just did my first return long haul trip on the Zodiac and while I enjoy it more for sitting, it sucks for sleeping.

But honestly the thing I hate the most is exactly what you mentioned, the actual seat layout. Awful for solo travellers.

Search this Thread