New premium check in AKL Intl

Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Apparently according to the Star website, MEL and SYD already have it but it's just the Express lanes with no Gold Track signage.
Hasn't NZ been doing this for years ex-SYD,BNE,MEL? giving Golds Express Passes on depature.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Agree. I'd prefer some "Express Smartgates" and a dedicated "Express Security" (although sometimes this happens) than having to go to the dedicated manned immigration counter. These days I usually just go through the smartgate and join the security line rather than wait in the queue for express immigration.
I can imagine for people holding a passport that can support this would be very helpful.

For the peasants on a passport that can't support it (Dutch in my case) - yay for the officer
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
New premium check-in is dark and lit with bright pink neon lights
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by NZDavid
So the question is - who is most premium in their eyes and which line will be shortest?

To be fair I thought old check in area was fine - I don't recall ever having to wait in the last few years
I would pick J pax (because cash is king) and then Elite (for overall spend) etc.

Sometimes it was congested, I think people come in and see off their relatives etc, and to be honest its really easy to walk in and use the elevator even if you weren't flying NZ or weren't koru, it's not like it was manned. Sometimes someone would ask if you were koru etc but < 50% for sure.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Rebound
New premium check-in is dark and lit with bright pink neon lights
Pink is the new must have colour. I've heard Black/Pink is apparently going to be the new Airpoints card design in the not too distant future.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Pink is the new must have colour. I've heard Black/Pink is apparently going to be the new Airpoints card design in the not too distant future.
The new Airpoints card is very distinct and stands out
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Gets rejected from the UA Lounge 'Sorry Sir we don't allow *Pink Lounge Access'
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
The elevator is now essentially maned. There was an Air NZ staff member inside the new entrance, right beside the elevator.
He had a tiny desk, and was inspecting all passengers last night.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by ruff00
The elevator is now essentially maned. There was an Air NZ staff member inside the new entrance, right beside the elevator.
He had a tiny desk, and was inspecting all passengers last night.
Dang so this rules out using the lift on NZ Ticketed, flight operated by VA?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Dang so this rules out using the lift on NZ Ticketed, flight operated by VA?
Officially - probably. I remember asking nicely on my last time and they were fine with it though.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold
If your Gold/Koru is it acceptable to take your partner travelling with you through premium check in?

Booked tickets together, seated together etc.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnynz
If your Gold/Koru is it acceptable to take your partner travelling with you through premium check in?

Booked tickets together, seated together etc.
Yes - staff are more than happy to accommodate your traveling partner.

If it was an massive group, it would be another story. But if its just you and a couple of mates I've never had an problem. Even on seperate bookings some staff will try to moving your traveling parterns so they are seated closer.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:42 pm

Used the 'Premium' checkin this morning - wasn't overly impressed. The lighting had a terrible hue and the staff member accepting the bags complained about having a sore back despite our bags only being 19kg/15kg/14kg. She grabbed one of them as it was moving to fast and then moaned about hurting herself. She didn't make one feel that one was a premium customer.
Best feature is still the lift to the express customs line but today that wasn't much shorter than the other line although to be fair most times I go through does seem to be much faster.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by drajknox
Best feature is still the lift to the express customs line but today that wasn't much shorter than the other line although to be fair most times I go through does seem to be much faster.
Customs is fast but the security line is slow as it joins the rest of the normal travellers.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by brucelee
Customs is fast but the security line is slow as it joins the rest of the normal travellers.
Did they change it back to an dedicated counter for NZ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.