Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ Taxi

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E
Air NZ Taxi

Is anyone else having trouble booking a taxi through the website? It seems to have stopped recognising addresses, and can't proceed through to payment.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aqua_3380
Is anyone else having trouble booking a taxi through the website? It seems to have stopped recognising addresses, and can't proceed through to payment.
I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. No way around it that I could see. I then went on the Alert Taxi website and booked my cab on there. I assume it was the same price as through Air NZ - just didn't get the APD.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Just a slightly off topic, if your flight is in sociable hours, just get an Uber. The price is easily 40-50% cheaper
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: Air New Zealand
Yes!! So I am not the only one having issues! Checked out the fare about a week ago, and it was working fine. Now I go to book, its not recognizing addresses :/
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: NZ*S
I've also noticed they have removed the option for the airnz parking services other than valet parking. I used to find it convenient to book and pay in advance and file the expense claim with work before I left.

I just checked the rates for a transfer from Ellerslie to the airport on Friday morning.. Hah, $85 for 15km & 20ish minutes. When will the Auckland Taxi fraternity realise Uber has changed the playing field and get real with their prices?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
I've also noticed they have removed the option for the airnz parking services other than valet parking. I used to find it convenient to book and pay in advance and file the expense claim with work before I left.
I can still see 3 parking options with online booking via https://www.taxi.co.nz/auckland-airport-parking/ .
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite (*A G), Qantas Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Had the same issue here. To be fair they charge 20% more for the same alert taxi compared to booking direct so I tend to book direct with alert now.

On my way back from airport I always uber and around 50% cheaper than taxi. If only there was enough around burbs at all times I'd take them to airport as well!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Originally Posted by drajknox
I can still see 3 parking options with online booking via https://www.taxi.co.nz/auckland-airport-parking/ .
Only the airport parking lots and airnz valet. No AirNZ parking at Freight place. I was meaning in the booking screen after entering flight details.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
what's going on with taxi prices - booked about 4months ago and it was $65 (which incidentally I got refunded as it was an hour late); today they are quoting $95 - Parnell to Auckland International
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
what's going on with taxi prices - booked about 4months ago and it was $65 (which incidentally I got refunded as it was an hour late); today they are quoting $95 - Parnell to Auckland International
that’s outrageous! I tend to super shuttle back from Parnell usually $35 ish I think and fast.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:07 am

I checked the web archive and it looks like all of the providers are still the same so logically you can conclude one or more of the providers must've put their prices up. Uber is still around $45-55. AKL airport website lists some providers as still offering a flat $65 to the CBD. I'll second the comment about the Super Shuttle though. I have generally found them pretty reliable and quick.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: NZ *G
Cheap Taxis have a fixed $35 fare for the city to the airport. They are often older cars but are fine.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
All taxi fares from the airport to the CBD are a fixed rate for official AIAL operators providing you mention you want the fixed rate to the driver. The pricing is on the big LCD signs near the taxi area and from looking at my last photo (early Jan) was $38 for Cheap Caps, $65 for Alert and Green cabs, $68 for Co-op, $69 for ATS and $75 for Corporate Cabs. It's $35 for Super Shuttle.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by sbiddle
All taxi fares from the airport to the CBD are a fixed rate for official AIAL operators providing you mention you want the fixed rate to the driver. The pricing is on the big LCD signs near the taxi area and from looking at my last photo (early Jan) was $38 for Cheap Caps, $65 for Alert and Green cabs, $68 for Co-op, $69 for ATS and $75 for Corporate Cabs. It's $35 for Super Shuttle.
Oh yes I saw that; didn't know you had to request it! Makes sense.

I figured the $95 quote is not because the taxi companies try to take you through the Waterview tunnel even when not needed. It adds about 12km on a trip to Parnell.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand f/f, QF f/f Silver. Emirates Skywards
Late last year - Friday afternoon 4pm - car broke down enroute to airport. Left it at the Hauraki Corner BP on the North Shore and Uber taxi to airport (peak time) $55 !!! Amazing stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.