The best lounge to use in houston

Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
The best lounge to use in houston

If you have both "westpac priority pass" and "airnz gold/elite" travelling on business class
What are the available lounges and which one is the best ?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not sure about priority pass but NZ*G and NZ*E gives access to all the United lounges (plus one guest). None of them are good but better than the terminal. I'd go to the one that is closest.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I visited all the UA lounges at IAH earliest in the year. They're all very similar in terms of their offering but only one has showers. Unless you have a need for a shower just go for the one that's closest.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Beano
If you have both "westpac priority pass" and "airnz gold/elite" travelling on business class
What are the available lounges and which one is the best ?
If you're on IOS have you tried the app loungebuddy which allows you to enter your FF status, memberships, held CC such as Westpac world and then you can either enter a destination to see which lounges you could access or otherwise enter trip which is best way as also then factors in class of travel. It seems like a really useful app and has a lot of options.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
United denied entry of Elite Partner and child. Try the KLM lounge, bit of a walk to different terminal but fairly nice place (Priority Pass access)
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by msnz
United denied entry of Elite Partner and child. Try the KLM lounge, bit of a walk to different terminal but fairly nice place (Priority Pass access)
Elite Partner doesn't give you *G lounge access. It gives access to NZ or partner lounges when flying on NZ services.

What service where you on and how many people were trying to access?

Last edited by sbiddle; Jul 17, 2016 at 2:23 pm
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The United Club at Terminal E (in between E11 and E12) is the best Star lounge at IAH, although the new AmEx Centurion lounge in Terminal D puts it to shame if you have access to the latter.

It's about a five minute walk from the D gate that NZ uses to the Terminal E United Club.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Jul 23, 2016 at 8:54 am
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Elite Partner doesn't give you *G lounge access. It gives access to NZ or partner lounges when flying on NZ services.

What service where you on and how many people were trying to access?
yes indeed, flying nz they denied elite partner even though listed as partner lounge
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Better luck in Houston

My wife (elite partner) and I had better luck when travelling with AirNZ from IAH to AKL in March this year. We were travelling with another couple (they were in Economy class) but the UA lounge let all 4 of us in on an Elite plus Elite partner status, which is as it should be. You must have struck a gate-keeper that didn't know the facts.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:16 pm

Wife and i have star gold and star silver plus each have westpac world card travelling in group of five two adults and three kids. UA lounges unfortunately do not cater for the kids ($59 usd each!!!). So KLM lounge it was ($27 usd each). Was fine but as per USA standards. Dont expect Koru fare over there! Air france lounge closed all three times we visited IAH.. total joke.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by apjsmith
Wife and i have star gold and star silver plus each have westpac world card travelling in group of five two adults and three kids. UA lounges unfortunately do not cater for the kids ($59 usd each!!!). So KLM lounge it was ($27 usd each). Was fine but as per USA standards. Dont expect Koru fare over there! Air france lounge closed all three times we visited IAH.. total joke.
*G rules treat everybody over 2 years old as a guest.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Westpac Priority Pass

Originally Posted by apjsmith
So in the KLM lounge it was free for the first person USD$27 for the second person?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:05 pm

So in the KLM lounge it was free for the first person USD$27 for the second person?
Yes thats right my wife and I each have a westpac world so each have a linked priority pass which must be the unlimited entry version. Some lounges in the program want to charge all three kids @ $27 whereas others will only charge 1 @ $27 for the lot. I tell them our kids eat like mice if at all which is true. Note we have also never been charged for a guest despite expecting to be charged $27 usd on our card for each guest and there have been several occassions. Which leads me to think we may have a version that allows some free guests too?there are apparently various premium versions of the program although ive struggled to get an answer even out of their head office. However if we later are charged $27 usd I wont be too bothered.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:08 pm

My main point was the KLM was a cheaper and better option for our family than UA lounges in fact same thruout USA. Families benefit a lot with domestic koru entry policy
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sbiddle
...only one has showers. ...
E and one of the C clubs both have showers. The top floor of E is typically the quietest option, though a hike to the bar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.