Search

The best lounge to use in houston

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Priority Pass

Originally Posted by msnz
United denied entry of Elite Partner and child. Try the KLM lounge, bit of a walk to different terminal but fairly nice place (Priority Pass access)
Does the Westpac Priority Pass give you 1 or 2 person free access in KLM lounge in Houston ?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
Originally Posted by Beano
Does the Westpac Priority Pass give you 1 or 2 person free access in KLM lounge in Houston ?
Depends on what Priority Pass level Westpac provides - no idea sorry. We had PP thru Amex Platinum Charge card
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by apjsmith
... we have also never been charged for a guest despite expecting to be charged $27 usd on our card for each guest and there have been several occassions. Which leads me to think we may have a version that allows some free guests too?there are apparently various premium versions of the program although ive struggled to get an answer even out of their head office. However if we later are charged $27 usd I wont be too bothered.
I think the Westpac World Card must get a Priority Pass version much like the one mentioned in the following link.. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/10/15/priority-pass-app/

Has anyone with the World Card version of Priority Pass EVER been charged the $27 fee expected for a guest? My colleague who has another version of the Priority card ex ANZ HAS been charged the $27 fee but not me.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Better lounge options in IAH these days

Updating this thread to note that, although it's not noted on NZ's international lounge directory, NZ passengers in BP can now access the new United Polaris lounge at IAH (note: not open to *G/Koru in PE or Y). It's a HUGE step up from regular UA lounges, with excellent food and beverage options. Gets pretty positive reviews, eg:
https://onemileatatime.com/united-po...ouston-review/
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ouston-review/

For people with access, there's also an Amex Centurion lounge these days which also looks pretty nice. Definite improvement in lounge options at IAH compared to when the IAH-AKL route began!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Thank you, I am flying home from IAH on Wednesday, if my connecting flight from MCO isn’t late I will pop into Polaris.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Updating this thread to note that, although it's not noted on NZ's international lounge directory, NZ passengers in BP can now access the new United Polaris lounge at IAH (note: not open to *G/Koru in PE or Y). It's a HUGE step up from regular UA lounges, with excellent food and beverage options. Gets pretty positive reviews, eg:
https://onemileatatime.com/united-po...ouston-review/
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ouston-review/

For people with access, there's also an Amex Centurion lounge these days which also looks pretty nice. Definite improvement in lounge options at IAH compared to when the IAH-AKL route began!
I did a transit through Houston on 30Nov. Polaris was far superior to any other lounges I’ve recently visited. The table dining was excellent - had 3 a La Carte courses with excellent accompanying drinks and great service. Then went and had a shower - great facilities good towels etc. Finally had a few champagnes from the bar before going to the gate.

Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Looks lovely!

Trying to maintain my weight when flying in BP is a challenge. So many opportunities for delicious champagne. Thankfully sleeping pills and alcohol don't go together to help me fight temptation.
​​​​
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
I rarely am in BP so can't use Polaris lounge but the Centurion lounge is excellent. There's a huge room full of toys for kids which is great for them and also keeping them separate from the rest of the folks in the lounge good food too
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by apjsmith
I tell them our kids eat like mice if at all which is true..
Good luck finding any food in an American lounge anyway
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bevan7
Good luck finding any food in an American lounge anyway
Well both the Polaris and Centurion lounges have excellent food spreads, as it happens... though for the most part I'd agree that your statement usually holds true. However even regular US airline lounges are starting to improve a little on the food front.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
That looks sensational, I am in MCO right now on my way to IAH so will definitely pop in for dinner. Thanks very much for the photos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.