Search

AKL - Wait Time For Bags

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
AKL - Wait Time For Bags

Hello, FT'ers....

On average how long does one have to wait for the bag to arrive in AKL if it's not priority?

Anyone have any gory details?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by bustedTravler
Hello, FT'ers....

On average how long does one have to wait for the bag to arrive in AKL if it's not priority?

Anyone have any gory details?
I find it to be very efficient personally. Many times when I've been first off the plane and straight through passport control, the bags are already on the carousel.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by AviationNZ
I find it to be very efficient personally. Many times when I've been first off the plane and straight through passport control, the bags are already on the carousel.
I second that - typically very quick.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
For domestic the bags are normally arriving within a couple of minutes of you getting to the conveyor belts (if at the front of the plane).
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
AKL Intentional can be hit an miss, find that if the flight comes in early its likely you'll have to wait an while as there doesn't seem to be much slack built in to handle early arrivals.

Worst I've had at Insertional was 30minutes with priority tags.

Really depends on what time of the day you arrive and were from, e.g. if you come in durring the midnight Tasman/Pacific rush. You can be waiting for an while at times, they seem to have just a couple of handling teams on as its the end of the night for around 10-15 arrivals.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: NZ*S
As above, when its good, its very good, usually plane to kerb in 20mins or less, and if it longer its not the baggage collection that's usually the problem, it is biosecurity screening after collecting bags that is the biggest holdup.

Longest wait I've had for bags was about 20 mins, and my bag was one of the last 6 they unloaded from a fairly full 777.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
it is biosecurity screening after collecting bags that is the biggest holdup.
Agreed that Biosecurity Screening line can be pretty painful, and the non NZ/AU line is pretty long and take take over an hour for people to get through it.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
At international I've come to the belt to find my bag 50% of the time and the rest of the time I've waited 30-50 minutes. It really depends on the number of flights. Domestic is pretty quick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.