Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Help with seating? (773 Trans-Tasman, A320I, A320D)

Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

Hi all,
I have a few NZ flights coming up that I could use some help on in terms of seating. I'm getting conflicting info between Space+, regular economy, frequent flier seats, etc.

MEL-AKL on a 773 (Trans-Tasman). I'm currently in a frequent flyer seat (42A). This is in the "SkyCouch" section but won't be treated as such for a TransTasman flight. The seat chart says 33" pitch and 5" recline. Some of the "white" (standard) seats show 33" pitch and 6" recline. Are these seats actually 'better' than the FF seats? Where should I sit on this flight?

AKL-WLG on an A320 domestic. Currently I have 3F which seems to be a standard seat. One seat map says it's a Space+ seat while another says a standard coach seat. Which is it? Should I try to move?

WLG-SYD on an A320 international. Again I have 3F.

All of these flights are short in comparison to the travel I'm doing right now so it's not a huge deal if these are all just 'regular' seats. But I would appreciate having as much legroom as possible on all of my flights.

I'm *G which is how I'm getting these seats.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-RM
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Every economy seat on the 77W with the exception of the exit rows is terrible. You won't notice any difference between a few cm.

As for A320 flights on a domestic config the frequent flyer seats on the right have fractionally more legroom, but unless you're exceptionally tall you won't notice because the legroom is so generous on all seats at the front.

For a TT A320 3F is a works deluxe seat. All seats at the front have the same legroom. You'll be limited where you can move to since you have works deluxe.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Domestic A320S - http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-...rbus-a320-171d

On these Space+ on these A320s is ABC/DEF in 1-12, the pitch is between 33-35" in this section, where as after the exit rows its 30-31".

The Domestic & International have an totally different seating layout, and different models of seats.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Sounds like I will just keep my seat assignments as they are.

The WLG-SYD flight I have is through a UA ticket that's booked in "Y" class because there is no business offered on WLG-SYD. The 3F seat assignment was auto-assigned by NZ and I can't change it online or even see my reservation online because it was booked elsewhere. I hate airlines that do that.

-RM
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
If you have the NZ PNR you should be able to view it.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
If you have the NZ PNR you should be able to view it.
Nope. You can't pull up PNR's not booked on NZ.com apparently. It errors out every single time and tells me to call NZ.

The PNR I have for the NZ segments does end in 'H', too.

"The booking you entered could not be accessed online."

-RM
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Nope. You can't pull up PNR's not booked on NZ.com apparently. It errors out every single time and tells me to call NZ.

-RM
NZ's website is unable to pull up tickets sold on codeshares, even if you have the NZ PNR
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I'm not a tall person, but still notice it every time domestic A320 I would pick the right side and TT A320 on the left.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM

-RM
I get this same issue if I have more than two airlines on a res, next trip is UA/QF/NZ/UA and can't retrieve NZ on web site, prior trip was UA/NZ/UA and no problem with access
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyf
I get this same issue if I have more than two airlines on a res, next trip is UA/QF/NZ/UA and can't retrieve NZ on web site, prior trip was UA/NZ/UA and no problem with access
Nope. These flights are UA/NZ and I cannot pull it up online or do OLCI for tomorrow. Will be stuck checking in at the airport while 1A is open on the flight and the phone agents won't assign it to me.

-RM
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the help. Sounds like I will just keep my seat assignments as they are.

The WLG-SYD flight I have is through a UA ticket that's booked in "Y" class because there is no business offered on WLG-SYD. The 3F seat assignment was auto-assigned by NZ and I can't change it online or even see my reservation online because it was booked elsewhere. I hate airlines that do that.

-RM
1A is an Works Deluxe Seat, hence why the agents won't asign it to. We're you see that its free? I just did a dummy booking for WLG-SYD, with both flights tomorowo showing it grey out as Works Deluxe.

The only time you can select 1-3ABCDEF is at the airport at the self check-in, you can't select them online.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:09 pm
azj

Any experience with seat 35A on the 777-300ER? It's a preferred seat, or whatever NZ calls it, a pair of seats right behind the exit row. It appears maybe there's a wide gap between window and seat, but little to now extra space, just the premium of sitting in the front of the Y section. I'm flying MEL-AKL, on a "Works" ticket, so it didn't seem worth the extra $$$ for Premium Y, but seemed worthwhile to move my seat to this one. After reading some threads on FT, it seems I may have wasted some money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.