Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a recent copy of AKL-PVG (or PEK) Business Premier menu?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United, American

Just wondering what they might serve on this 12 hr flight that leaves at midnight in Business-Premier.

Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
NZ doesn't fly to PEK, that route is operated by Air China under an codeshare. Menu on the routes will be differn't
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by clintonuws
Just wondering what they might serve on this 12 hr flight that leaves at midnight in Business-Premier.

Thanks.
They will serve dinner and breakfast.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The FT all airline menu thread has a NZ AKL-PVG business class menu, albeit a few years old.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: NZ*G
In September it was Venison or Prawns for dinner, from memory!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:40 pm

There are 3 main dinner options, at least one of which would be asian, like rice or noodles, with fish, sliced beef or chicken. If the asian breakfast option is not noodle, it would likely be dim-sum (dumplings), the other almost always pancake or omelet.

I would not rely on an old menu as an indication of what you might get. Since the cost cutting (close to the bone), the main is not that much better than Y and nothing flash compared to what other premium carriers (eg, EK, SQ) would have on J.

The main difference between Y and J meal is white linen, separate plated entree and separate plated desert, better wine and cheese....that's it.

Smoke and mirrors.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Disagree it's smoke and mirrors. I know experiences vary. But having spent the last 18 months doing roughly monthly AKL-LHR in J on several carriers including your examples of better food and while some great food on EK and SQ also had some rubbish and some very disinterested service. NZ J is occasionally patchy but it isn't for the most part bad and I would take a J meal over economy any day - and I cannot say the same for QF where I have asked for an economy meal several times. Has it deteriorated - yes - but I think it's still for the most part good food. But YMMV. Best meal ....... F full English breakfast on BA - perfect.

As an aside at the urging of people here I have done two trips with EK recently including an upgrade to F - thought J was decidingly average - although F was fantastic.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United, American
Thanks for info.

My concern is my traveling partner does not eat meat but does eat seafood. From old menus I have found, it looks like there is always a seafood option but wanted to see if there is a risk of only "chicken or beef" choices.

I know we can pre-order a veggie meal and may do that just to be safe but he usually finds the seafood choices more appealing than the tofu/whatever option. (obv I am not vegetarian. Hope I'm not offending anyone)

Has anyone had the veggie meal in business premier? Maybe that is the original question I should have asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.