Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-300 Economy Bulkhead Row 48

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me the window config in 48A?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Hank Moody
Can anyone tell me the window config in 48A?
There definitely at least one window missing from memory, can't remember how much of the second window you get.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

The diagram I have suggests there's one full window directly adjacent to the seat. Can anyone confirm?

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
There definitely at least one window missing from memory, can't remember how much of the second window you get.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

I ended up snagging 48ABC for US$150. The flight's in the Xmas holiday season and I didn't want to chance missing out. Plus, $50/seat seemed pretty reasonable for a 12 hour flight given what bulkheads cost in the US.

Still, I would appreciate knowing the window config. If anyone plans on boarding a 773 soon, please report back.

Thanks,
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I really wish Air NZ would do a street view style internal view of their cabins.

I've suggested it quite a few times because I've had so many emails from people over the years who've read my flight reviews and asked me about specific seats.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Good idea. I've dug through every YouTube video I can find and most of the trip reports are from higher fare classes. I guess nobody in economy, except the airline, wants to record the experience.

I somehow managed to find this seating chart from the ANZ website, though I have no idea where. It's granular enough to suggest one window directly above the armrest.

I wish SeatGuru reported this stuff.

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I really wish Air NZ would do a street view style internal view of their cabins.

I've suggested it quite a few times because I've had so many emails from people over the years who've read my flight reviews and asked me about specific seats.

Last edited by Hank Moody; Oct 6, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Hank Moody
Good idea. I've dug through every YouTube video I can find and most of the trip reports are from higher fare classes. I guess nobody in economy, except the airline, wants to record the experience.
I think you pretty much nailed it with this reason.

Most of the publicity photos online all make economy look open and spacious. This is very different to the real world reality of 3-4-3 seating.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Wanted to refresh this post. Anyone happen to know the window config for 48A bulkhead?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

48A as one window over the armrest.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Plenty of airlines outside of the USA require you to wear your seat belt at all times while seat, both Qantas and Lufthansa have the same rule along with other airlines.
Yep, we've tried it many times with the kids over the years in Y and C in many airlines and generally get told off. They seem to be OK with kids playing on the ground usually, although on a recent SQ flight in Y+ they did say the kids should be in their seats.

In any case it is potentially dangerous so you can see the airline's point!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.