Wiki Posts
Search

777/789 Power Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
777/789 Power Points

Since the NZ website isn't very clear at all (no supersizes) does anyone know what the power port situation is like in Y on the 789/772(refits)?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Since the NZ website isn't very clear at all (no supersizes) does anyone know what the power port situation is like in Y on the 789/772(refits)?
I'm pretty certain the 789 has 2 power points per three seats, and would presume this is the same for the 772 refits.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by swan_tim
I'm pretty certain the 789 has 2 power points per three seats, and would presume this is the same for the 772 refits.
If my memory serves me correctly, they should be the same as for the 777-300ERs Y seats.

Which means individual power sockets (along with USB) on the seat back in front of you, between the tray table and seat pocket, per seat (not shared)

(Photos taken on a trip back in August 2014)

If you are seated at the exit row/bulkhead, then the power and USB socket is located just below your seat.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Great thanks - though the 772/789 got an different model of Y seats?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
On the 77R I think it's the same as the 773, with the same 3-4-3 layout and all.
Only been in PE on 77R so I am making an assumption here.

Possibly different on the 789s but couldn't remember as the only Y trip done was in the first bulkhead row (35A/B/C on the left hand window side) and for some reason I couldn't remember that flight at all, other than "hey that's Mt. Fuji, we are nearly there!" (I blame the wine being drunk at the lounge at 8am in the morning prior...)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Kamadan
If my memory serves me correctly, they should be the same as for the 777-300ERs Y seats.

Which means individual power sockets (along with USB) on the seat back in front of you, between the tray table and seat pocket, per seat (not shared)

If you are seated at the exit row/bulkhead, then the power and USB socket is located just below your seat.
As cavemanzk has suggested, they're a slightly different seat. Here is a review and some photos on the 789 economy which shows the power being two per three seats. As mentioned earlier, I think this will be the same with the refitted 772.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zeal...my-seat-review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.