Another 787-9 due for NZ delivery soon

Old Aug 6, 15, 11:55 am

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly View Post
I see the back of the kia ora magazine has 4 789's listed. I know its printed monthly but I didn't expect it to be so up to date!
Off topic, but I haven't seen a magazine on my last 4 flights...seems the elves keep running off with them.
Old Aug 6, 15, 3:21 pm

Programs: QFWP/LTG, VAWP, NZ*G, OZD, NH*G, Marriott Plat, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly View Post
I see the back of the kia ora magazine has 4 789's listed. I know its printed monthly but I didn't expect it to be so up to date!
Why not? The magazine is written by the airline, they got the bird last month and the current magazine is for this month. It would be embarrassing if they had not included it!
Old Aug 6, 15, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by pbl22 View Post
Why not? The magazine is written by the airline, they got the bird last month and the current magazine is for this month. It would be embarrassing if they had not included it!
Indeed.

In fact, the next bird, ZK-NZC (ex N789EX, first production -9) is due to be delivered on 15-08-2015 (assuming no delays), so they could've updated the magazine to say 5 787-9s.

The 6th -9, -NZH is due year's end (currently scheduled 28-10-2015), after which we won't see the next pair (-NZI & -NZJ) till sometime mid-next year.

With NZ still keeping a pair of 767s working, guess that's enough -9s (6 of them) to cover AKL-PER, NRT, PVG and SIN full time, and freeing up extra 777-200ER (from SIN) for the IAH & EZE routes at the end of the year.

(Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...19&output=html)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: