Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Historical question re: koru life

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by celle
DH and I are lifetime Koru Club members, and have been for about 20 years - so at least two of us still exist. I can't remember what it cost back then, but it was a large amount when compared with other Koru Club subscriptions.

I certainly expect Air NZ to honour the undertakings made when we paid this subscription.
I don't suppose you have a list of the benefits you were sold on at the time? My dads had his since the late 80s, but has no documentation of the benefits he signed up for - he reckons it's changed.
Old May 12, 2016, 5:35 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Melanieweb
I don't suppose you have a list of the benefits you were sold on at the time? My dads had his since the late 80s, but has no documentation of the benefits he signed up for - he reckons it's changed.
Welcome to flyertalk Melanieweb.

I thought Koru Life Membership was sold for $3,000. (I'll see if I can find an application form).

I can also remember Aussie friends buying Life Membership of Ansett Golden Wing.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I can't remember what years it was offered, probably more than 10 yrs ago?? But regardless of changes I'd assume air nz would still have to honour what they were advertising at the time? That life means life?
Yes, life means life.
My husband and I have been life members for at least 20 years. It was a hefty sum to pay initially (can't remember how much) but it was worth it.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: koru
Did you have any luck finding the terms and conditions. My Mother and Father were life members, when my Father died they took the membership off my Mother. I would love to read the initial contract, unfortunately this has been misplaced.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by Jaz123
Did you have any luck finding the terms and conditions. My Mother and Father were life members, when my Father died they took the membership off my Mother. I would love to read the initial contract, unfortunately this has been misplaced.
They used to offer a 'Spouse Membership' which has been discontinued. My guess would be that this was probably the arrangement with your parents membership, so as soon as the main account is not renewed (for whatever reason) the ability for the spouse to coat-tail on that is also lost.

This was quite discounted and linked to the main membership. My wife used to have this but we missed renewing one year by due date and Air NZ have refused to allow renewal, so that was gone forever.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by celle
Yes, life means life.
My husband and I have been life members for at least 20 years. It was a hefty sum to pay initially (can't remember how much) but it was worth it.
at one time it was about $3375 (I think)
I um and ah and decided against it ...as it was a hefty amount

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.