Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westpac bumps BNZ as Air NZ points partner

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: NZ E, EY G, QF G
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
I finally heard from Westpac - the Priority Pass that comes with the Worldcard allows unlimited access to lounges for the cardholder.

Guests of cardholder are subject to charge - see below.

This makes sense as it equates to Priority Pass Prestige level - cost of which is US$399. [Website says guest fee is US$29]

Westpac said: "Admittance to a lounge is conditional upon presentation of one valid Priority Pass Card (issued separately to the World MasterCard) per person only and is free of charge. However any accompanying guests, being in possession of valid flight tickets for the same day of travel, may be permitted admittance to the lounge, subject to payment of a charge at the discretion of the lounger operator."
Interesting. I must have gotten VERY lucky then. I have been allowed to take a guest free of charge at least 15 times over the past year - in lounges in Vancouver, Shanghai, Singapore and at several European airports.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I’ve never been charged for guests on the priority card. But have now switched to Amex Platinum offering
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite*G; Skywards Gold; Hertz President's Circle
I've never been charged either, although I've only used PP a few times when travelling with family (mostly through DXB & LHR) - my wife and I both have cards courtesy of our World Mastercards, so it comes in handy for non-Air NZ lounge access with the kids (we have 4!).
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
My Wife has a Westpac partner card and that comes with a free Premium Plaza card (invaluable for those airlines I don't have status with - SkyTeam, FlyBe in the UK, for example). The lounges I did use with the card were eager to charge for a guest but fortunately my Wife could use her own card. I also have given my kids a World card on my tab (FOR EMERGENCIES!) and this also got them their own PP card - invaluable as they have no status with anyone and they don't fly J-class.
A Westpac partner card probably works out cheaper than buying your own PP card.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
My Wife has a Westpac partner card and that comes with a free Premium Plaza card (invaluable for those airlines I don't have status with - SkyTeam, FlyBe in the UK, for example). The lounges I did use with the card were eager to charge for a guest but fortunately my Wife could use her own card. I also have given my kids a World card on my tab (FOR EMERGENCIES!) and this also got them their own PP card - invaluable as they have no status with anyone and they don't fly J-class.
A Westpac partner card probably works out cheaper than buying your own PP card.
and currently they have 50000 points worth $250 if you apply successfully for a world card (there are 2 world cards airpoints and hot points)
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:30 am

I've had a credit card for 10 years and never paid an annual fee courtesy of an arrangement with my previous employer. Naturally I haven't told my current bank of the change of circumstances and look forward to continuing not paying for the foreseeable future
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Ha..ha..I like it. One of my colleagues at work used to work for one of the big banks with all the staff banking benefits, free fees, discount interest rates, etc. several years later his accounts are still flagged as getting staff benefits.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
That is not unheard of - there is a number of 'student' accounts that are associated with fee-free products

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.