Wiki Posts
Search

How fat is too fat?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Is there a limit on how many comfort seats you can get? If none and you get SPs then when there is another special offer, e.g. $1 seats, then you could book out the entire plane and it would be the ultimate status run!
No you couldn't. There are limits on how many seats are sold for a given fare.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by pbl22
I wonder if NZ would give extra SPs for the comfort seat. And, if so, whether that would be a way of getting double SPs for a status run?
Going back to the Qantas example, they actually do provide the additional SC's for the comfort seat when purchased. (I think VA do as well, but cannot be sure.)

Last edited by serfty; Mar 11, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
You're a big guy, you know that, I wouldn't want you sitting beside me, I've been there before it's not fun, for the big guy or me, but nobody is going to kick you off the flight, I've seen many large pacific island people who are easily 250kg plus sit in a single economy seat and NZ really don't care, they just squeeze them in and fly the plane and pop then out at the other end.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Well well well. A lot has changed since 2015.

Lying in bed tonight, My thoughts somehow ended up on my little post here, and I remembered how kind you all were. I thought I'd get up and post an update. I've lost all of my weight - well, to my goal anyway. Down from 174kg (160 at time of posting) to 97kg. It's still coming off, but slowly now.

The flight went without a hitch. I actually ended up going back to Perth the following year (sans the Seat Belt extender!). It's such a beautiful place.
Seriously, thank you all for your kindness and genuine help. You were a part of the many small things that changed my life for the better. I wish all of you the greatest of happiness.

Stephen.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:13 am

Welcome back!
congrats on the outstanding transformation - I would happily be sat next to you anyday!
hope you continue to enjoy exploring the world
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Well done!!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
That's incredible! Great to hear your original flight went well. I also think Western Australia is a gem - might see you on the plane sometime
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Phenomenal - well done!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
What a great ending to a great story! I said it upthread - you seem like an awesome guy and your girlfriend is one lucky girl to have you. I couldn’t be happier for you and I really hope this is the start of a whole new world of travel for you. Congratulations!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:21 pm

So wonderful you have lost the weight you wanted to. Thanks for sharing. I need to lose some pounds to get a kidney transplant and seeing your story is encouraging.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:29 pm

Damn! Well done!!!

I have only just read this thread.....and had I seen it back before you flew I was going to join in the chorus of "don't worry"... Having flown around NZ and Polynesia I was going to assure you there are LOTS of big folks in that area.... Sharing a flight with a large extended family of average sized Tongans was an experience that left me thinking I was a very small person indeed...(For some reason my tall-but-skinny buddy and I ended up sitting right in the middle of the group - from a 2 year old to the 92 year old matriarch)...... I was also in pain from laughing so much.... great bunch of folks...

Thanks for bringing that memory to the fore!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Congratulations on meeting your goals! Well done!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You're the man - awesome!
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Congratulations. You'll have to pull your seat belt really tight now you skinny minny. Well done.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Totally well done. Enjoy flying and travelling, see you on a plane somewhere soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.