Renovated 777-200s

Old Feb 9, 15, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by johnyates1949 View Post
If aircraft configuration has changed you must re-choose your seat,
if you don't ANZ will...
well, not sure if they will or not. friends paid for the exit rows on that flight, and Air NZ had done nothing about movign their booking to ensure that they got what they paid for. it would seem that the seat numbers have just transferred across on that flight. You cannot presently purchase a skycouch config on a YVR - AKL flight (the flight that is), so i have really no idea what's going on. Slightly frustraited.
Old Feb 9, 15, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by pusspaw View Post
well, not sure if they will or not. friends paid for the exit rows on that flight, and Air NZ had done nothing about movign their booking to ensure that they got what they paid for. it would seem that the seat numbers have just transferred across on that flight. You cannot presently purchase a skycouch config on a YVR - AKL flight (the flight that is), so i have really no idea what's going on. Slightly frustraited.
I agree. I paid for preferred seats on 77W LAX - AKL, they changed equipment to 777-200 (not sure 777 or 772), seat numbers remain as it is but seat map not available. If it is 777 - I will get what I paid for but if it is 772 we will be on regular seats. Me too slightly frustrated but I do understand this is scheduling nightmare for ANZ too during cabin upgrade.

Last edited by CalgaryLankan; Feb 10, 15 at 8:11 am
Old Feb 10, 15, 12:08 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
To be completely honest I'd far prefer a middle economy seat on a non refit 77E over a preferred economy seat on the on a 77W.
Old Feb 10, 15, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
I agree. I paid for preferred seats on 77W LAX - AKL, they changed equipment to 777-200 (not sure 777 or 772), seat numbers remain as it is but seat map not available. If it is 777 - I will get what I paid for but if it is 777 we will be on regular seats. Me too slightly frustrated but I do understand this is scheduling nightmare for ANZ too during cabin upgrade.
I should have added, my friend phone AirNZ today, and the shocked staffer on the phone sorted it out for them and transferred the seats over. So it will happen if you check and follow up, but not automatically.

Agree it's a scheduling nightmare - I totally respect that. The main reason for my frustration is that people aren't straight up when you call or email - if you call, they don't know and won't admit it (I'm fine if they're just honest about these things, things take time), or if it's email, I basically get a paraphrased version of what I've sent, and then what is obviously a blatant copy and paste go-away type email - AND this is from the premium team. So, I never quite know where things are at.
Old Feb 10, 15, 7:37 am

Programs: NZ*gold / BA*silver / AC Aeroplan
Cool

Originally Posted by pusspaw View Post
I should have added, my friend phone AirNZ today, and the shocked staffer on the phone sorted it out for them and transferred the seats over. So it will happen if you check and follow up, but not automatically.

Agree it's a scheduling nightmare - I totally respect that. The main reason for my frustration is that people aren't straight up when you call or email - if you call, they don't know and won't admit it (I'm fine if they're just honest about these things, things take time), or if it's email, I basically get a paraphrased version of what I've sent, and then what is obviously a blatant copy and paste go-away type email - AND this is from the premium team. So, I never quite know where things are at.
This is not unique to AirNZ all airline are the same , ( fob you off ) give you some excuse and refund what extra you paid for your seat... so ring them and give them an ear full .. (To be fair AirNZ customer service is very good)

Last edited by johnyates1949; Feb 10, 15 at 8:17 am
Old Feb 11, 15, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by johnyates1949 View Post
(To be fair AirNZ customer service is very good)
In your opinion.
Old Feb 11, 15, 11:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by everywhere View Post
In your opinion.
There are lots of things I criticise Air NZ about, but I've never ever had a single bad customer service experience from their call centre, lounge or check-in staff. You may occasionally not get the answer you want from the call centre, but ringing back and speaking to somebody else often solves that (as does being nice to them if you have a problem).
Old Feb 11, 15, 11:32 am

Cool

Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
There are lots of things I criticise Air NZ about, but I've never ever had a single bad customer service experience from their call centre, lounge or check-in staff. You may occasionally not get the answer you want from the call centre, but ringing back and speaking to somebody else often solves that (as does being nice to them if you have a problem).
Well said , I agree 100% , I've had the same experience over several years of travel with AirNZ too and from UK.
Old Feb 24, 15, 8:31 am

My late April NZ5 originally 77W and then changed to 772. There was no seat plan available for few weeks but now its old layout 772 and I can select seats again. I paid for a preferred seat option when it was 77W and they were nice to move me to very similar seat in 772 when the seat plan is made available again. Originally I was hoping for a ride on Hobbit or one of the special livery birds, but now I may have to settle with a bit more specious seat on older aircraft.
Old Feb 26, 15, 12:03 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
I am booked on ANZ5 LAX-AKL in late March in PE. When I booked last month, it was a 77W. I noticed it has been changed to a 777-200. I think this plane is one of the renovated 772 because PE is 2-4-2, instead of the older 3-3-3. Should I switch to the earlier flight, ANZ1 (77W) for the Space Seat, or stay on the renovated 772 and the new PE seat?
Old Feb 26, 15, 12:25 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Originally Posted by mchangmd View Post
I am booked on ANZ5 LAX-AKL in late March in PE. When I booked last month, it was a 77W. I noticed it has been changed to a 777-200. I think this plane is one of the renovated 772 because PE is 2-4-2, instead of the older 3-3-3. Should I switch to the earlier flight, ANZ1 (77W) for the Space Seat, or stay on the renovated 772 and the new PE seat?
personally I like the space seats so would switch to that but as per other posts its a love or hate thing with them,Ul prob get a lot of different opinions on both seats so in the end itl be a choice that ul have to make after reading everyone's feedback
Old Feb 26, 15, 1:00 am

Programs: NZ*GE
Swap to the spaceseat, personally I think its great.
Old Feb 27, 15, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
Swap to the spaceseat, personally I think its great.

Thanks for the input. Out of curiosity, have you flown PE on the ANZ 789? I understand these are the same seats as the refit 777 PE seats. I wonder if these are comfortable enough to get a little sleep. Or, is the Space Seat more conducive to sleep? Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 15, 12:01 pm

Cool

When is ZK-OKG refit due be completed, also when is the next 772 due to go into the hanger for refit
Old Mar 28, 15, 1:27 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
Originally Posted by mchangmd View Post
Thanks for the input. Out of curiosity, have you flown PE on the ANZ 789? I understand these are the same seats as the refit 777 PE seats. I wonder if these are comfortable enough to get a little sleep. Or, is the Space Seat more conducive to sleep? Thanks.
I have only once, the seats are great however more personal space on the 77W - all i can say is I am a terrible sleeper on planes and I managed to get 8 hours in the spaceseat on every occasion that I've tried

Search this Thread