Wiki Posts
Search

Renovated 777-200s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: NZ*gold / BA*silver / AC Aeroplan
777-200er

Originally Posted by waterwingsNZ
OKF has not been refitted. Its turn isn't until the 2nd half of 2015. The current projected timeframe is 7-8 weeks per aircraft and as everyone can see, OKF spent all of four weeks on the ground.
Thanks for your answer.... have two conflicting answers , Who is right ?

Last edited by johnyates1949; Jan 17, 2015 at 7:33 am
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:19 am

re.. 772 refit

Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
Correct, three have been refurbed according to my contact in the Engineering Trim Shop.
Who is correct ? two conflicting answers... somebody guessing
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: NZ*G
Not sure of its credibility, but thenzsource.com has reported NZ-OKE went into maintenance 15/09/14 and returned 21/11/14 with the new configuration. NZ-OKF entered two days later and returned 19/12/14, also with the new configuration. So along with NZ-OKA that would make three 77E's refitted.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
ZK-OKF flew AKL-YVR as NZ84, and is due to fly YVR-AKL as NZ83 later today.

Expert flyer shows the seat map for NZ83 as the old config 772 (Y= 3+3+3), so I conclude it has not been refurbished per waterwingsNZ post.

Further, FR24 show NZ281/282 AKL-SIN have been operated by 2x 777 - namely ZK-OKA/E.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 17, 2015 at 8:06 pm Reason: correct error regarding 772 ZK-OKD - it remains un-refurbished
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:33 pm

Further, FR24 show NZ281/282 AKL-SIN have been operated by 3 777 - namely ZK-OKA/D/E, which aligns with SpannerSpinner's comment that 3x 772 have been refurbished (to 777).
OKD was an unplanned sub.

I'm going to say it once more and once more only. OKA and OKE are the only currently refitted 200s. OKG is next starting in a few weeks. Anything else you have heard/read/think is incorrect.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by waterwingsNZ
OKD was an unplanned sub.

I'm going to say it once more and once more only. OKA and OKE are the only currently refitted 200s. OKG is next starting in a few weeks. Anything else you have heard/read/think is incorrect.
Mea culpa; my (wrong) assumption on OKD based on AKL-SIN . Earlier post corrected.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Mea culpa; my (wrong) assumption on OKD based on AKL-SIN . Earlier post corrected.
No bother. I can understand how one might have come to that conclusion.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: NZ*S
Given that I spoke to my contact on new years day, and like most tradies he likes the odd beverage or two, information I was given may not be accurate.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
Given that I spoke to my contact on new years day, and like most tradies he likes the odd beverage or two, information I was given may not be accurate.
No probs mate... alcohol does oil the brain a bit !! . Seems it caused another who contributed a statement to get his hair off.. !!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
From a recent conversation I had with an NZer.
OKF has not been refitted as they needed the frame over the holiday period so its refit has been deferred. It went into the shop for maintenance only.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
From a recent conversation I had with an NZer.
OKF has not been refitted as they needed the frame over the holiday period so its refit has been deferred. It went into the shop for maintenance only.
Good to know
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:41 pm

I am flying YVR - AKL (NZ83 - of course) Friday 27th Feb. Seat map has been unavailable for at least a week & 1/2 (when my spidey senses tingled). I am posting here as this *may* be to do with a 777-200 refit, although the more I read, the less sure of that I am.

So - a) does anyone know if there is a refit going on that might be what I'm seeing the consumer end of?
b) regardless - how long is the seat map normally out for? (I am one of these people that just can't stand to wait until the airport for a seat selection, especially when the seat config itself is up in the air - plus if I am going to a refit 777, I woudl seriously want to upgrade my product!)

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pusspaw
I am flying YVR - AKL (NZ83 - of course) Friday 27th Feb. Seat map has been unavailable for at least a week & 1/2 (when my spidey senses tingled). I am posting here as this *may* be to do with a 777-200 refit, although the more I read, the less sure of that I am.

So - a) does anyone know if there is a refit going on that might be what I'm seeing the consumer end of?
b) regardless - how long is the seat map normally out for? (I am one of these people that just can't stand to wait until the airport for a seat selection, especially when the seat config itself is up in the air - plus if I am going to a refit 777, I woudl seriously want to upgrade my product!)

Thanks in advance!
Hmmm, ExpertFlyer tells me it is a '777' which is the code for a refurbished aircraft (rather than 772). Strangely, I can't review the seat map to confirm 3-4-3 in Y (EF code 'PRS RESTRICTED' for any experts EF folk).

My son recently flew SIN-AKL in a NZ 777 refurb aircraft (tix was the SQ codeshare) and he thought it was quite OK, even in comparison to the SQ metal he'd flow (77W and 388). Seat width isn't an issue for him.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 1, 2015 at 9:39 pm
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:13 am
bsd
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
We flew OKF in late Jan from YVR to AKL.

Not refurbished. Full flight. Service patchy - most noticeably with drink refills not up to scratch, and no water offered with the dinner. Not that I asked ....

Re the seat map not being operative, that is most likely caused by the BP cabin being full, so 'Seat select' is disabled.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:21 am

Cool

Does anybody have any idea of the schedule to upgrade last 6' 772s. all we know is that it's due to be completed late December 2015.
When is next one due it's refit ?

Last edited by johnyates1949; Feb 2, 2015 at 9:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.