Renovated 777-200s

Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm flying WLG->AKL->SYD->MEL after Xmas with a RU lodged but noticed the seat select disappeared a few days ago. Hopefully that means an aircraft change from the original 77E on the AKL->SYD flight.
Hope it is not a switch to 767, or worse A320I.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Hope it is not a switch to 767, or worse A320I.
I opted for the route vs direct because it was only around $15 more expensive than direct and somebody gifted me a short haul RU.

At least I'll get to drink $15 worth of Mumm on a 767, but I'll be gutted if it was subbed to an A320.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Curious which one will be done next and when?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ *G,
Sydney

I just had our Sydney Flight changed also - we got changed to the 772 from the 787 Dreamliner which was a bummer and than changed from the 773 to the 772 - but the nice lady at Air NZ let me changed the time so I could fly again on the 787 - as it was moved to a later flight
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Flew on NZ119 yesterday AKL-SYD (first flight of the refitted ZK-OKE).
The crew seemed very proud of their updated bird, with both the captain and In Flight Service manager mentioning that it was the first flight.

I know it has been reviewed before, but it was my first flight on the new Y+ product. I really liked it. Plenty of room with good legroom and recline. Certainly a huge improvement from the old 777-200 product!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Not sure which frame is next, but my understanding is that it won't enter the hangar until February.... they want all aircraft available during Dec/Jan. However, I understand that a lot of prep work can be done of components etc, prior to pulling the next aircraft out of service, so the engineering staff won't be twiddling their thumbs during that time.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
With OKE out flying, OKF goes into the hangar next week for a heavy check but no upgrade due to time constraints. It will be out in December and all eight 772s will be in service over the peak Northern Winter timetable. OKG is next down for an upgrade on the revised upgrade schedule and that starts in Feb.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:46 pm

Hi,

I fly out AKL/LAX in July with Lufthansa - codesharing with AIRNZ...looks like it will be on NZ4

Looking at the flight details, it will be either either OKB/C/D/F/G

Travelling with a 23 month old - so would be good to know if we have a 3-3-3 or 3-4-3 config (2 adults, 1 infant travelling on lap)

Our destination is actually Edinburgh, Scotland - 24 hours odd on the air with child with be fun im sure!

Cool thing about this trip is we fly A380 from LA to FRANK and on way home fly 747-800 from FRANK to HKG

Dont think there's many routes that have a 747 in there!

Air NZ back from HKG on NZ80 - which again, may or may not be retrofitted 777-200
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by callum62

Travelling with a 23 month old - so would be good to know if we have a 3-3-3 or 3-4-3 config (2 adults, 1 infant travelling on lap)
Probably to early to say, if you will get an refitted 772 in July. They currently have 2x 772 that have been refitted & from the 6 Jan SIN gets priority over these. By the end of 2015 all 8x 772 will be refitted in the 3-4-3 config & new product.

I'd say for July your chance are still 50/50 with getting an non-refit / refit.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by callum62
Hi,

I fly out AKL/LAX in July with Lufthansa - codesharing with AIRNZ...looks like it will be on NZ4

Our destination is actually Edinburgh, Scotland - 24 hours odd on the air with child with be fun im sure!

Cool thing about this trip is we fly A380 from LA to FRANK and on way home fly 747-800 from FRANK to HKG

Dont think there's many routes that have a 747 in there!

Air NZ back from HKG on NZ80 - which again, may or may not be retrofitted 777-200
You're either brave or stupid. My wife and I have been traveling back to Auckland from Norway every 2nd year with kids, we always break up the trip with a one night stopover, kids under 3 just don't do well with excessive long flights, it's not fair on them or other passengers.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
You're either brave or stupid. My wife and I have been traveling back to Auckland from Norway every 2nd year with kids, we always break up the trip with a one night stopover, kids under 3 just don't do well with excessive long flights, it's not fair on them or other passengers.
Bit of A and B Robert

We initially wanted to stop over (pref to fly Emirates) - but a $900 per person fare difference stopped that idea (Emirates have a connection that is 12 or so hours later, so provide a hotel)

We decided to go a happy medium and have a fairly long stopover in LA - either lounge or hotel room (haven't decided yet)

We can leave LAX if we wish, so still decide what to do there

We also have quite a long wait in FRANK too, not really by choice - but we will have our stroller, which baby happily sleeps in

This will be our first flight with our daughter - ive heard some horror stories and some stories of it being no problem at all - I guess its a highly variable thing

We will just expect the worst 24 hours ever (thats flying time) - anything else will be a bonus

Last edited by callum62; Dec 20, 2014 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: NZ*gold / BA*silver / AC Aeroplan
Air New Zealand 777-200 renovation program

Is this statement true there are now 3 renovations complete ?

http://www.thenzsource.com/tag/b777-200er/
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: NZ*gold / BA*silver / AC Aeroplan
[QUOTE=waterwingsNZ;23882586]With OKE out flying, OKF goes into the hangar next week for a heavy check but no upgrade due to time constraints. It will be out in December and all eight 772s will be in service over the peak Northern Winter timetable. OKG is next down for an upgrade on the revised upgrade schedule and that starts in Feb.[/QU

http://www.thenzsource.com/tag/b777-200er/

Check out above statement seems maybe 3 are complete
or is it a error..
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Correct, three have been refurbed according to my contact in the Engineering Trim Shop.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:44 pm

OKF has not been refitted. Its turn isn't until the 2nd half of 2015. The current projected timeframe is 7-8 weeks per aircraft and as everyone can see, OKF spent all of four weeks on the ground.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.