Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines Alliance

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
For what its worth, after all the hoopla on this forum about the lousy Gold lounge the Silver Kris lounge is nothing to write how about. Dated and crowded. One would have thought in their homebase SQ would have a flagship lounge.
I don't think anyone has ever said the SKL is very good though, just that KrisFlyer is very bad and it is a bit better than that. I totally agree though that for a hub airport SQ T3 leaves a lot to be desired lounge wise.

I'm looking forward to the eventual upgrade of both the KF & SK Lounges which was announced about a year ago (but still has no set start date that I've seen): https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-airlines-to-build-new-flagship-lounges-at-changi-t3
Old May 30, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Hi guys any idea why on an NZ ticket on SQ you cannot allocate seat pre-departure even when travelling on full fare business class?
it seems pretty poor given this is supposedly a route where they partner closely?
For what its worth, after all the hoopla on this forum about the lousy Gold lounge the Silver Kris lounge is nothing to write how about. Dated and crowded. One would have thought in their homebase SQ would have a flagship lounge.
I have a VA ticket on SQ metal and have no problem pre selecting seats on SQ website using the SQ booking reference number provided by VA. Have you tried obtaining the SQ booking reference either from NZ or SQ? If the desktop version doesn't work also try SQ mobile app.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
SQ from 1 Sep 17 have a new Premium Economy earn level above Full Economy. It's strange they don't communicate about these changes.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Am booked on SQ to fly to Europe in March (all SQ metal and SQ flights for all longhaul segments). On two of the SQ flights I'm being invited to bid for PE.
Does anyone know if I would still get NZ points/status points on my original fare paid? Or would I get nothing?
I got hosed on LH upgrades a couple of times: upgrade to PE or J and got zero NZ points).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by jawnbc
Am booked on SQ to fly to Europe in March (all SQ metal and SQ flights for all longhaul segments). On two of the SQ flights I'm being invited to bid for PE.
Does anyone know if I would still get NZ points/status points on my original fare paid? Or would I get nothing?
I got hosed on LH upgrades a couple of times: upgrade to PE or J and got zero NZ points).
You should always be able to get the earning based on the original fare. I don't know why you didn't the previous time with LH.
samyoull likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: NZ Silver
If flying DUD-WLG-MEL in J on SQ, do I get lounge access in DUD? DUD-WLG leg is on NZ.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I've upgraded SQ economy fares to PE and successfully credited (with usual points/miles earning) to both VA and OZ in the recent past, so no reason to think crediting to NZ would be different.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by brenrox
If flying DUD-WLG-MEL in J on SQ, do I get lounge access in DUD? DUD-WLG leg is on NZ.
No at DUD unless have *G status.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:26 pm

hi, I have a question about the two lounges at T3, silver kris business class lounge and kris flyer gold lounge. which one is better ? thank you.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by jamesxie63
hi, I have a question about the two lounges at T3, silver kris business class lounge and kris flyer gold lounge. which one is better ? thank you.
Silver Kris
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jamesxie63
Supposedly the SKL is better than KFG, since KFG has all of the *G travelling in Y whereas the SKL is for business passengers.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
SKL has better food and drinks by a long shot, and has showers. KFG is poor on all fronts.
Kiwi Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No at DUD unless have *G status.
Thanks Kiwi Flyer, thought that might be the case....interesting that NZ has still given me (free) access to frequent flyer seating though.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
Thanks Kiwi Flyer, thought that might be the case....interesting that NZ has still given me (free) access to frequent flyer seating though.
Is the DUD-WLG sector on a SQ code-share flight number?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Is the DUD-WLG sector on a SQ code-share flight number?
No, listed as NZ682 on both SQ and NZ app.

Edit - NZ flight listed as a Y fare too...not sure that would make a difference though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.