Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by Lpmnz
Returned home from trip to Vietnam/Cambodia few days ago and transited Changi for a few hours awaiting sq221 to Syd.

As NZ *g I had the invite to the KrisFlyer gold lounge but thought I'd try the silverkris to see what happens. The lounge gatekeeper looked at my economy ticket (silk air due to originating from Phnom Penh) checked my gold card and was about to let me in except had my gf with me as a guest, no guest allowed so off to KrisFlyer gold we went.

Long story short if it was just me travelling I would have been allowed in.

Not sure if that is of interest for you guys but my understanding was silverkris was for j or f passengers or SQ members only?

Thought I'd share so you can give it a try. To be fair as it was a short haul to Changi we didn't need showers so KrisFlyer gold was fine. Food in t3 was very good too on this occasion.

You very nearly lucked out being let into the SilverKris lounge NZ*G and on a SQ flight.

As per NZ-SQ alliance agreement:
Airpoints Elite and Gold members receive access to Star Alliance Gold lounges when travelling on our Star Alliance partners. In Singapore the KrisFlyer Gold lounge can be used when travelling on Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines, one guest is permitted into this lounge with the member, as long as they have a boarding pass for a flight departing on the same day.
In addition, passengers departing in Business Class, Elite members and Elite Partners may also use the SilverKris lounge in Singapore when travelling on, or when connecting to or from, an Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines flight between New Zealand and Singapore. Please note, no guests are permitted into the SilverKris lounge.
KrisFlyer Gold (*G) lounge is for everyone with *G status travelling on any *A flight departing that day (e.g. you)

SilverKris lounge is allowed for SQ J, F, SQ PPS along with NZ Elite and Elite Partner ONLY if travelling between AKL & SIN on either NZ or SQ.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
Hi,

I've got an SQ itinerary in Air NZ's booking system.. (AKL-SIN-AMS return).
Interestingly enough both airpoints as well as status points both indicate 0.
I'm pretty sure the flights are in the correct fare buckets.
Can you call up Air NZ to find out what the correct earning rates should be or is it a wait and see until we've flown the legs?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Mart81
Hi,

Can you call up Air NZ to find out what the correct earning rates should be or is it a wait and see until we've flown the legs?
If you are flying on codeshares then the booking codes are translated to the operating airline (i.e. may be different) for earning purposes, and may be non-earning.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Hi,

Only codeshare flights on VA/CX earn at NZ rates according to NZ booking classes. All other codeshare flights earn at partner rates according to the partner booking codes (maybe different from NZ's). Unfortunately the lowest SQ fares earn nothing in Airpoints, frustrating I know, and these fares are not even cheap.

You may consider crediting them to SQ as they credit these at 10% or 50% per mile flown depending on the actual booking class. At least you will get something.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:56 am

Hm, they'd better earn something I'm only 250 points away from Gold with Air NZ.

All of these are SQ ticketed..
AKL-SIN is class N (op by SQ)
SIN-AMS is class N (op by SQ)
AMS-SIN is class E (op by SQ)
SIN-AKL is class E (op by NZ)
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Hm, they'd better earn something I'm only 250 points away from Gold with Air NZ.

This page is pretty clear in terms of what you'll earn:
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star-...apore-airlines

Your AKL-SIN and SIN-AMS segments SQ ticketed/SQ operated in N won't earn anything.
Your AMS-SIN SQ/SQ in E is Full Economy, so should yield AP$48/55 SP
Your SIN-AKL SQ/NZ in E, I assume is in Economy, which should map back into a Full Economy booking class in NZ, which should yield anywhere from AP$49-67/ 75-103 SP

(E is fare bucket for Premium Economy if it's NZ/NZ, so doubt it'll be the corresponding booking class for you)
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:08 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

SQ booking class N is non earning.
E is full economy earning.
http://www.airnzpoints.co.nz/
AMS-SIN 48 airbucks 55 status points
SIN-AKL 41 airbucks 50 status points
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
SQ booking class N is non earning.
E is full economy earning.
http://www.airnzpoints.co.nz/
AMS-SIN 48 airbucks 55 status points
SIN-AKL 41 airbucks 50 status points
I'm willing to bet that Mart81 will earn 116APD and 127SP for SIN-AKL...
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I agree that NZ metal will earn NZ rates regardless of flight number but E class on SQ does not map out to E on NZ as it's NZ's Premium Economy. Likely he will earn somewhere in between based on one of the higher NZ Economy rates.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:45 pm

I guess there is nothing that can be done .. let's wait and see
I'll tell you in a few weeks what has been credited.

PS: it would be seriously disturbing if a partner flight on Star Alliance (that cost in excess of $3k) earns no points because it's not in the right bucket :/
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I agree that NZ metal will earn NZ rates regardless of flight number but E class on SQ does not map out to E on NZ as it's NZ's Premium Economy. Likely he will earn somewhere in between based on one of the higher NZ Economy rates.
It won't map to NZ E. However, if the fare basis begins with E, in my experience he will earn E class points on the NZ sector.

I've had a quite a few flights where this has happened and it's a pain to get it corrected. It has worked out to be both advantageous and disadvantageous. For example, on Star RTW tickets, my NZ flights have earned full C class points even though they were booked in Z (fare basis CRWSTAR).

Likewise, I've earned A class points on NZ sectors (LH tickets) where the fare basis was AFFNZ. These flights were booked on the NZ flight number so I could see they were booked in D class.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I guess there is nothing that can be done .. let's wait and see
I'll tell you in a few weeks what has been credited.

PS: it would be seriously disturbing if a partner flight on Star Alliance (that cost in excess of $3k) earns no points because it's not in the right bucket :/
Once you start caring about status levels that is about the time you need to start doing homework on maximising your opportunities - prior to booking. Have to admit I definitely started cursing myself for my mistakes after I started reading FT and the NZ website more but at least it meant I could learn and fly smarter for the future. Good luck with it.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: NZ *S
Lounge dragons tried to get my father who is Elite to go to the KrisFlyer Gold lounge - but of course I had been perusing this thread prior to his trip and advised him that he have a screenshot on his phone of the Air New Zealand website, and his Elite card at the ready. Lo and behold, he was allowed in
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
You were right ^

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Once you start caring about status levels that is about the time you need to start doing homework on maximising your opportunities - prior to booking. Have to admit I definitely started cursing myself for my mistakes after I started reading FT and the NZ website more but at least it meant I could learn and fly smarter for the future. Good luck with it.
I've been caring about it for the last 5 years living in Europe, but now in NZ I need to start from scratch and all our bookings here are done by a TA.
If she had ticketed the flight on NZ rather than SQ I would have probably had more points but the SQ ticket was $100 cheaper.. :/
Old May 30, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Hi guys any idea why on an NZ ticket on SQ you cannot allocate seat pre-departure even when travelling on full fare business class?
it seems pretty poor given this is supposedly a route where they partner closely?
For what its worth, after all the hoopla on this forum about the lousy Gold lounge the Silver Kris lounge is nothing to write how about. Dated and crowded. One would have thought in their homebase SQ would have a flagship lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.