Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ 787-9 in DEN; New Route?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

NZ 787-9 in DEN; New Route?

Saw this beauty in DEN today, reportedly doing test flights to Auckland. There was a story in our local paper a couple months ago about trying to get Air New Zealand to start a non stop to Auckland from Denver. Maybe it'll become a reality in the near future?

Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's due to leave Everett this coming week (Wednesday I believe) on it's delivery flight to New Zealand. It seems it's made a quick flight today to DEN and back.

Air NZ mentioned DEN as a possible new route a few years ago, but with no plans to put the 789 on US routes other than Hawaii (77E and 77W only for the US) I'm not sure whether we'll ever see it happen.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I saw her at Everett a couple of weeks ago, and number 2 on the production line. Very sexy looking plane. Cannot wait to fly her.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
For those wanting a shot at one of the trial flights, it looks like NZ103/4 has been earmarked.

looks like Aug 9 is the first based on a dummy booking I did yesterday but obviously highly subject to change

Seat layout shows a 772 but a bunch of rows are blacked out - all of PE and quite a few rows of Y.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by Markhm
I saw her at Everett a couple of weeks ago, and number 2 on the production line. Very sexy looking plane. Cannot wait to fly her.
I assume you'll be on the inside? So what it looks like on the outside is completely irrelevant - as it is with any aircraft. What is the excitement about a paint job? I really don't get it.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by MattNZ
For those wanting a shot at one of the trial flights, it looks like NZ103/4 has been earmarked.

looks like Aug 9 is the first based on a dummy booking I did yesterday but obviously highly subject to change

Seat layout shows a 772 but a bunch of rows are blacked out - all of PE and quite a few rows of Y.
Hi MattNZ

NZ is selling the 772 flights NZ103/4 on the 9th Aug with 22 of the 26 seats in J Class compared to the 787 which only has 18J Class Seats

I think you will find that the flights that are swapped for the 787 will be those with a high load in economy and a low load in J

Here are seat maps

Those you can compare to the 789 Seat map

Last edited by henrus; Jul 5, 2014 at 7:32 am
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by henrus
Hi MattNZ

NZ is selling the 772 flights NZ103/4 on the 9th Aug with 22 of the 26 seats in J Class compared to the 787 which only has 18J Class Seats

I think you will find that the flights that are swapped for the 787 will be those with a high load in economy and a low load in J
awesome work! The press releases and news articles specifically mention 789 sub for the 763 although can't seem to see any clues on dates in sept based on seat maps - any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.