Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Koru club membership fee increasing from 1st August 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM

For those of you currently have Koru membership, or those that was wanting to join, might be relevant information.

(Just received this in my mailbox from Air NZ)

We'd like to announce an increase in Koru membership fees, effective from 1 August. Our published membership fees have not risen for over 10 years, other than to reflect the GST increase in October 2010. The cost of providing the products and benefits associated with the Koru programme has increased substantially over this time.

Some examples of the fee increase are as follows:
• Individual 1 year membership goes from $506 to $580
• Senior 1 year membership from $373 to $430
• Corporate members (10+ members) 1 year membership from $455 to $525

The change applies to membership fees only, and there is no change to joining fees. Visit the Koru website to see all our new pricing.

The increase allows us to continue to provide the programme benefits you enjoy including entry to Air New Zealand lounges for you and a guest, access to partner lounges (many of which also include guest access), premium check-in, priority baggage, additional checked bag and access to complimentary Frequent Flyer seating.

Further investment is being made this year in an improved food and beverage offering in our lounges as well as upgrades to our lounges in Auckland, Sydney and a number of our regional lounges.
Air NZ Koru Information Page (with updated pricing information)
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kamadan
For those of you currently have Koru membership, or those that was wanting to join, might be relevant information.

That makes sense, especially with recent changes to SP earn rates!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: AIRNZ Gold elite
Renewing koru club

Trying to renew a koru membership for a family member now
The website says you can do it online at the my benefits but there is no button to press to renew
Has anyone renewed online KC recently?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
In line with their sole focus on margin and profit I guess this surprises absolutely nobody.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by LinoNAC
Trying to renew a koru membership for a family member now
The website says you can do it online at the my benefits but there is no button to press to renew
Has anyone renewed online KC recently?
IIRC you can only do a vanila one eg. not aligned to Airpoints CC or Corporate deal.
In regards to fee increase, well it just crystalised the fact that I am going to let my KC membership lapse as I am down to 1 domestic return every 3 weeks and some places where I do the regional KC is not worth the money and I do not fly NZ internationally.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
IIRC you can only do a vanila one eg. not aligned to Airpoints CC or Corporate deal.
In regards to fee increase, well it just crystalised the fact that I am going to let my KC membership lapse as I am down to 1 domestic return every 3 weeks and some places where I do the regional KC is not worth the money and I do not fly NZ internationally.
I baled out 2 years ago when our corporate was 'adjusted in line with other major corporate clients' ie increased. Couldn't justify rejoining for 3-4 domestic trips a year.....
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It'll be very interesting to see what happens with the credit card pricing.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I baled out 2 years ago when our corporate was 'adjusted in line with other major corporate clients' ie increased. Couldn't justify rejoining for 3-4 domestic trips a year.....
I should not have renewed the current year as i really have not gotten value out of it, sometimes I delayed leaving home and had breakfast there rather than make my way to the lounge. Also new job....still waiting after 3 months for the paperwork to clear, means no more work travel for me.
For personal trips with Mrs Blackcloud, she has KC membership as part of her work package anyway.
Of course when travelling to/within Australia and internatioanlly my QF WP is better, ATM, than NZ KC.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:08 pm

Renewal of koru club

If you renew now rather than wait till post 1 August they will renew at the old rate but it applies from the expiry of the koru membership
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I think they should be looking at an long time member discount
Old Jul 6, 2014, 11:01 pm

Long term discount

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I think they should be looking at an long time member discount
Hesitant to recommend a long term koru club membership as they will not allow refunds or transfers if you reach gold
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Originally Posted by sbiddle
It'll be very interesting to see what happens with the credit card pricing.
I have the Airpoints Platinum card, and haven't seen anything as yet to suggest the current deal - $145 discount and no joining fee - will change.

I joined up in June on the back of the card offer - for once in my life it seems I got the timing right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.