Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WLG Base
Please add your details directly into the wiki if you feel confident/have wiki-posting privileges. To do this you must be member for at least 90 days/90 posts. Alternatively, please post as normal and someone will be along to add the details here.

Please also update here:
Current to post #73

LOUNGE OFFERS/REQUESTS: Requests are in Royal Blue

A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge! If an offer/request is taken, please consider to STRIKE it rather than taking it down, but it is not essential.

Friendly suggestion - you might want to be considerate to your fellow NZ FF'ers & try to avoid offers during peak times of the week, to help alleviate the existing over-crowding issue at various NZ lounges. Thank you

SEPTEMBER 2022
REQUEST 16-SEP-2022 / 04:00 - 06:00 / WLG / NZ Int / Mark Goston

Print Wikipost

Air New Zealand lounge meet up thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Air New Zealand lounge meet up thread

Welcome to the dedicated thread which has been set up to accommodate the steady flow of lounge guesting or meet-up requests.

As always, please send a personal message to the person you’ve paired up with to confirm your rendezvous arrangements. Please also be respectful that no-one can make absolute guarantees to the accuracy of posts/updates and the invites may have gone to someone else. Times are presumably local and reflect the time you expect to be in the lounge or ready to be invited.

Usually those offering invites themselves will be happy to be guested into a superior lounge - there is no need to make a combined offer/request.
It would be great if you could post your lounge guesting offer/request in the same format as below, to the thread or edit the Wiki. Posts to the thread will get updated to the Wiki by kind volunteers.
OFFER | REQUEST dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm-hh:mm / Airport code / Terminal lounge / FT handle

for example,

OFFER 12-JAN-2014 / 15:00-17:30 / AKL / NZ Int / Prospero
To search this thread for any particular dates you are interested in to see if anyone else is offering or requesting, just use the "Search this Thread" function, and put the date in double quotes, eg "30-OCT-2014”
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Skywards, Airpoints
Hi there - don't know how to navigate the wikisphere so just adding details as I believe is accurate below:

REQUEST 7-APR-2015 / 06:30-07:30 / AKL / Domestic / scanman24

Thanks and Happy Easter.

Tim
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Sorry but I do not agree with this post, it undermines the effort/cost that we put into earning status with NZ to access the Lounges.

The lounges are already over-crowded, and really don't need people being guested in all the time.

Wouldn't this be in breach of some of NZ's T&C?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Sorry but I do not agree with this post, it undermines the effort/cost that we put into earning status with NZ to access the Lounges.

The lounges are already over-crowded, and really don't need people being guested in all the time.

I don't see what the issue is. If you check-out the other forums on FT you'll see it is common practice. I often travel alone, so don't see the harm in utilizing an entitlement that I have 'put the effort/cost' in to earning.

You never know when you might end up flying an airline where you have no status and someone returns the favour by guesting you.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM

Looking at Air NZ's Koru & Airpoints T&Cs, there is no definition of what your "guest" needs to be (e.g. your partner/spouse, immediately family member etc.). So long as you and your guest(s) adhere to the lounge entry standard (dress-code/eligible flights), it's up to you to decide who you want to bring.

The only thing that would get you into trouble would be if you *sell* lounge access to someone. But I am sure most FT'ers know better than to do that.

Originally Posted by brenrox
I don't see what the issue is. If you check-out the other forums on FT you'll see it is common practice. I often travel alone, so don't see the harm in utilizing an entitlement that I have 'put the effort/cost' in to earning.

You never know when you might end up flying an airline where you have no status and someone returns the favour by guesting you.
I completely agree with that.

Do I want an empty(-ish) lounge all to myself? Of course.
Do I want to feel like I'm actually worth something as a valued customer and want the lounge to be a bit more exclusive, and not let so many "commoners" in? You bet I do!

But I also like to help out other FT'ers or friends that I know, if it makes their travel that much more enjoyable.
Seeing as I have earned the right to these lounge guest passes, be it by flying so much to gain status, or spent so much with a financial institution (credit cards), no one should tell me how I should exercise these guesting rights.

And as mentioned above, one day you might need that favour returned and you might want to be guested by "a complete stranger" into an airline lounge. As the saying goes "what goes around, comes around".

Lastly, most often than not when I fly NZ, the lounge is far from being "over-crowded", the closest being a Friday afternoon on outbound NZ2. Even then food never ran out, dishes/glassware being cleared away at regular intervals and people were courteous and weren't "hogging chairs" for their bags or feet.

Then again, I "only" fly ~100k km each year so perhaps I'm not in the best position to pass judgement. :P
poopbunny likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:12 pm

Updated the Wiki with offers until July 2015.

Seeing as Kiwibank (with ANZ joining in soon) keeps "spamming" me with lounge passes that I couldn't gift/pass on, I'd rather see them being utilized than go to the digital wasteland.

Trying to also be "considerate" to fellow NZ members (and their concerns for lounge over-crowding), have only listed offers for (insanely) early international or weekend early morning domestic departures, when the lounge is close to empty anyway.

Got a few expiring by end of July, so I have put "upto 2 guests" per offer. Will update when/if these are taken up.
poopbunny likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:29 pm

Its more the likes of the smaller lounges at time, e.g Melbourne.

When at times because there is so many people/guests they start turning away guests.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by Kamadan
Trying to also be "considerate" to fellow NZ members (and their concerns for lounge over-crowding), have only listed offers for (insanely) early international or weekend early morning domestic departures, when the lounge is close to empty anyway.
While I don't necessarily see a big issue with guesting in fellow FT members, I think the approach above is definitely a good way to go.

In future I'll try to add my 'non-commuter' flights into here (might need to post a bit more first though!), hopefully it will help someone out.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Not precious, for FT members only as it will go to waste

OFFER 17-APR-2015 / 18:00 onwards (no earlier as peak) / WLG / DOM
OFFER 19-APR-2015 / 08:00 onwards / AKL / DOM
OFFER 24-APR-2015 / 05:00 onwards / WLG / INTL
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:23 am

Have added the above (scanman24 & dadig) requests/offers to the Wiki.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: NZ E, EY G, QF G
OFFER 27-MAY-2015 (WED) / 17:30 onwards / AKL / INTL / MikeAKL (up to 4 guests)
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Its more the likes of the smaller lounges at time, e.g Melbourne.
When at times because there is so many people/guests they start turning away guests.
The short response is that I alone will determine who I'll guest into a lounge, and when.

If a lounge is full and guests are turned away, so be it. In this regard, your (and my guests) are no more, or less, important that anyone else's guests.

Cheers, TK

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 8, 2015 at 9:33 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
The short response is that I alone will determine who I'll guest into a lounge, and when.

If a lounge is full and guests are turned away, so be it. In this regard, your (and my guests) are no more, or less, important that anyone else's guests.

Cheers, TK
Yes - but don't you think genue guests traveling with you (e.g. an partner), should come over meet ups.

Wouldn't be surprised if NZ cuts the guest allowance back in the next 18 months
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Yes - but don't you think genue guests traveling with you (e.g. an partner), should come over meet ups.

Wouldn't be surprised if NZ cuts the guest allowance back in the next 18 months
caveman, no. Re-read my post. I'll determine who a guest is, and you can do the same for yourself, as can everybody else.

There is no criteria for defining 'genuine' guests, and to be a guest at all depends on what the airlines specifies in terms of things such as (and these vary between carriers) same day travel, same airline/alliance, etc.

We have different views - and that is fine. But please don't apply your criterion/criteria to my guests, or the guests of others.

Cheers, TK

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 10, 2015 at 5:33 am Reason: Grammar
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox

Agreed! BTW, "what goes around, comes around..." [Edit: thanks, Kamadan After I posted this I read through the entire thread and came across your "... " too. Great minds think alike ] I help whenever I can - and will do so more when I travel solo - especially with OWS and *G and sharing benefits to someone who may truly use a bit of time to rest in a comfortable area - instead in a plastic chair outside the lounge. God knows, others have helped me out in various ways in my travelling like. I want to reciprocate.

Last edited by tmac100; Apr 10, 2015 at 2:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.