Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WLG Base
Please add your details directly into the wiki if you feel confident/have wiki-posting privileges. To do this you must be member for at least 90 days/90 posts. Alternatively, please post as normal and someone will be along to add the details here.

Please also update here:
Current to post #73

LOUNGE OFFERS/REQUESTS: Requests are in Royal Blue

A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge! If an offer/request is taken, please consider to STRIKE it rather than taking it down, but it is not essential.

Friendly suggestion - you might want to be considerate to your fellow NZ FF'ers & try to avoid offers during peak times of the week, to help alleviate the existing over-crowding issue at various NZ lounges. Thank you

SEPTEMBER 2022
REQUEST 16-SEP-2022 / 04:00 - 06:00 / WLG / NZ Int / Mark Goston

Print Wikipost

Air New Zealand lounge meet up thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
REQUEST 3-MAY-2022 / 17:00 - 20:00 / AKL / NZ Int / RafKa

Reviving this thread as I'll be flying in from CHC ahead of a trip to FRA via LAX so would greatly appreciate if any fellow FTers would be able to guest me. I realize the lounge is currently scheduled to close at 3:30pm but am guessing by then with the borders opening it will have been extended. I'll bump this post closer to the date.

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
REQUEST 3-MAY-2022 / 17:00 - 20:00 / AKL / NZ Int / RafKa

Reviving this thread as I'll be flying in from CHC ahead of a trip to FRA via LAX so would greatly appreciate if any fellow FTers would be able to guest me. I realize the lounge is currently scheduled to close at 3:30pm but am guessing by then with the borders opening it will have been extended. I'll bump this post closer to the date.

Thanks!
I believe that the *A rules (or NZ rules) changed to become ‘tighter’ and require a guest to be departing on the same flight as the host:

As an Airpoints Gold member you may also invite one additional guest (travelling on the same service and subject to space) to join you in any Air New Zealand International, Domestic and Regional Lounge
trooper likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As per the other thread the lounge won't be open then anyway and doesn't fully reopen until the 6th.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sbiddle
As per the other thread the lounge won't be open then anyway and doesn't fully reopen until the 6th.
I was asking about May 3rd. Lounges will fully reopen on April 11th so that shouldn't be an issue.

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I believe that the *A rules (or NZ rules) changed to become ‘tighter’ and require a guest to be departing on the same flight as the host:
Interesting.. where did you come across this? The only rules I can find on their website say:

Guests
Your guest/s must enter the lounge at the same time as you and be departing from the same airport terminal on an Air New Zealand international flight or an eligible international flight with the airline you're departing on. Guest access is subject to space on the day.

• Airpoints Elite members can bring one guest when travelling on Star Alliance flights and up to three guests when travelling on Air New Zealand flights

• Airpoints Gold, Elite Partner and Koru members with eligible access can bring one guest
Considering I would be on NZ6, I should be able to be guested in by an Elite/Koru member flying on Air NZ.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RafKa

Interesting.. where did you come across this? The only rules I can find on their website say
On the section that talks about benefits of a Gold member here: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/gold-benefits

Note others have also complained about this apparent rule tightening by other *A carriers.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: QF Silver, Hilton Diamond
REQUEST 03-APR-2022 / 10:30-12:30 / SYD / NZ Int / PaxSicagia

My partner and I are flying SYD-CHC on NZ226, departing at 12:30; and we would very much appreciate being the guests of anyone willing to offer. Thank you!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:39 pm

REQUEST 14-APRIL-2022 / 17:00 - 20:00 / AKL / NZ Int / JamNZ1

Hi guys, thought I might try my luck and see if anyone can get me into a lounge at AKL as a guest. I am flying solo on NZ6 to LA this Thursday and have Priority Pass but it looks like the Strata lounge is closed unfortunately. Thanks
Old May 18, 2022, 5:50 am

REQUEST 29-MAY-2022 / 05:30-08:00 / AKL / NZ Int / NZ103

Good evening all,
I’m hoping someone may be able to invite me into the NZ lounge as their guest. My sister is flying business with her baby but I will be flying premium economy but would love to help her out with the baby whilst in the lounge if possible.
Cheers,
Henry
Old May 20, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Lounge offer.
Get in touch if you would like to be guested in the lounge in either PMR or CGC domestic. Very frequent flyer here.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:49 pm

Welly Koru Club (Sep 16) - Morning

Hi Team
​My partner and I are flying out to Melbourne on a 0600 flight on Sep 16.

We would love to experience the Koru club for the first time. At the moment membership looks to be a bit out of our price range.

Was wandering if any one here would be flying out that day and be willing to share their guest pass. We would be happy to give a few dollars for your troubles.

Hope this is received well.

Regards
Mark & Mel
Old Jul 30, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
There used to be a dedicated thread for this, it's a good question, it's a long shot but I am sure if someone is flying out that same time, they will reply
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mark Goston
Hi Team
​My partner and I are flying out to Melbourne on a 0600 flight on Sep 16.

We would love to experience the Koru club for the first time. At the moment membership looks to be a bit out of our price range.

Was wandering if any one here would be flying out that day and be willing to share their guest pass. We would be happy to give a few dollars for your troubles.

Hope this is received well.

Regards
Mark & Mel
Good to see mods have moved your post here.

Payment to an Airpoints member for lounge access will likely be a breach of the Airpoints T&C. ‘Guesting’ on the other hand is quite OK.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
It's also against the rules of Flyertalk to post offering to barter or exchange anything, as I discovered when I tried to offer my spare Accor Gold when I needed Hilton status. It seems that outright asking for stuff is ok.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 2:54 pm
THR

In Sydney lounge for next hour or so for anyone on NZ220 to Christchurch. Can guest one.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:40 pm

REQUEST 24-Jan-2022 / 06:30 - 08:00 / AKL / NZ Domestic / greenteamumui

Flying into AKL from a long-haul red-eye in J but connecting in Y to ROT on a separate PNR would appreciate if anyone can guest me in for a shower! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.