Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Boarding Pass scan before security at CHC domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Pass scan before security at CHC domestic

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:12 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pbl22
Gee, you guys should try the peak hour flights WLG-AKL. The security lines are ridiculous at WLG. On Tuesday, the line for the 4:25pm flight from Gate 16 stretched way back well past the Koru Club entrance. I have been there when they have been boarding separate flights to AKL (one was delayed) out of both gates 10 and 11. With the single security point at those gates, the queues are heinous....
How many passengers were the WLG departure lounges designed for?

Two full A320's have 342 pax while Two full 737's have 266 pax.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by WLG Base
How many passengers were the WLG departure lounges designed for?

Two full A320's have 342 pax while Two full 737's have 266 pax.
When they we're closed in, the 733s we're still in the old 112 J/Y Config and didn't the 732 have 104?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by pbl22
Gee, you guys should try the peak hour flights WLG-AKL. The security lines are ridiculous at WLG. On Tuesday, the line for the 4:25pm flight from Gate 16 stretched way back well past the Koru Club entrance. I have been there when they have been boarding separate flights to AKL (one was delayed) out of both gates 10 and 11. With the single security point at those gates, the queues are heinous.
However this is far from typical for the 4.25 NZ442 flight which I fly on most weeks. The normal queue for security is about 5 - 10 people with a large queue as you describe perhaps once or twice a year.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
You're probably right - I usually travel on the later Koru Hour flights, but I have had lengthy queues almost every time.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I do like the quick exit to regional gates from the AKL KC - that's pretty easy.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by cakiwi
Auckland KC to regional gates is about 3 minutes and WLG KC to regional gates is about 2 minutes.
AKL KC to gate 28 is about 5 minutes after you do all the zigzag to get to it, hopefully with the 2x extra air bridges will fix this.

If you we're to go for smallest departure lounge area, gate 31/32/33 at AKL have to win.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
WLG usually only has one jet flight departure either side of the pier meaning the security queues are for one fight only.
This will all change when WLG does its Southern Terminal redevelopment.
For CHC the walk from KC desk to regional terminal has taken 5-6 minutes....but I find it infuriating that NZ then has 3 flights leaving together and only one gate check for all three so queue is huge.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Originally Posted by cakiwi
Auckland KC to regional gates is about 3 minutes and WLG KC to regional gates is about 2 minutes.
AKL KC to gate 28 is about 5 minutes after you do all the zigzag to get to it, hopefully with the 2x extra air bridges will fix this.

If you we're to go for smallest departure lounge area, gate 31/32/33 at AKL have to win.
I meant KC to boarding pass scan. Once you're scanned yes you then still have to get to the plane but from KC to boarding pass scan hasn't ever taken me more than a few minutes.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ *G, Qantas Gold
They were scanning boarding passes prior to security on Tuesday night at aprox 6pm. I only had my mPass so they waved me through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.