Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

777-200 meal service at C class, do they serve from row 1 to row 7 or the opposite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-200 meal service at C class, do they serve from row 1 to row 7 or the opposite?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question 777-200 meal service at C class, do they serve from row 1 to row 7 or the opposite?

I forget whether meal at business class is served from the back (row 7) to the front cabin or the other way. Does Anyone remember? I want finish meal quickly without waiting too long to be served and try to get some sleep after meal. Thanks for any input in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
On AKL-HKG last week it was 'fast dine' first, followed by 1-7 for regular dining.

Fast Dine is an abbreviated meal service to maximise sleep - at both ends of the flight
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As a GE I have in more recent flights been discretely asked for my preference, no matter what Business seat I have been in.

Before that it appeared to be front to back ...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by serfty
As a GE I have in more recent flights been discretely asked for my preference, no matter what Business seat I have been in.

Before that it appeared to be front to back ...
Ditto. GEs discretely asked for choice of mains, otherwise front to back.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Sorry, what GE stands for? Is it the Air Points elite ?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:29 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
GE = gold elite (roughly equivalent to UA's 1k)
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Ditto here, another little extra that is worth its weight in gold.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
It's only 7 rows - can't see that the order makes much difference as, even if you are served first there will still be general disturbance until all are served.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
That's 7 rows in the 777 forward zone - 28 seats or thereabouts - there have been reports of them running out of options rather early in recent times.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:01 pm

When I was flying NZ C/J TT without GE, I rarely got my first choice.

Having said that, I had a chicken meal in C/J which I thought was pretty average. Economy was serving butter chicken which I did get to try on another flight and it was much tastier.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
As a GE for a number of years straight it is my experience that there is no rule as to how they serve the first 7 rows. It seems to be luck of the draw.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
In my experience, GE's have always been asked for their preference first and served first. Then it's been from front to back. Flying back from Brisbane to Auckland last month, they ran out of chicken by the time they hit Row 5.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by smeags_nz
In my experience, GE's have always been asked for their preference first and served first. Then it's been from front to back. Flying back from Brisbane to Auckland last month, they ran out of chicken by the time they hit Row 5.
Well, I'll be in 7K on a 772 NRT-AKL so I guess I'll be looking forward to either the Spam Sandwich or Pasta a la School Cafeteria
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
more frequently service 1 can be front to back and service 2 from back to front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.