FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   777-200 meal service at C class, do they serve from row 1 to row 7 or the opposite? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1513387-777-200-meal-service-c-class-do-they-serve-row-1-row-7-opposite.html)

GordonGordon Oct 17, 2013 10:31 pm

777-200 meal service at C class, do they serve from row 1 to row 7 or the opposite?

I forget whether meal at business class is served from the back (row 7) to the front cabin or the other way. Does Anyone remember? I want finish meal quickly without waiting too long to be served and try to get some sleep after meal. Thanks for any input in advance.

Thai-Kiwi Oct 17, 2013 11:51 pm

On AKL-HKG last week it was 'fast dine' first, followed by 1-7 for regular dining.

Fast Dine is an abbreviated meal service to maximise sleep - at both ends of the flight

serfty Oct 18, 2013 6:16 am

As a GE I have in more recent flights been discretely asked for my preference, no matter what Business seat I have been in.

Before that it appeared to be front to back ...

Kiwi Flyer Oct 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 21627881)
As a GE I have in more recent flights been discretely asked for my preference, no matter what Business seat I have been in.

Before that it appeared to be front to back ...

Ditto. GEs discretely asked for choice of mains, otherwise front to back.

GordonGordon Oct 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Sorry, what GE stands for? Is it the Air Points elite ?

Kiwi Flyer Oct 19, 2013 12:29 am

GE = gold elite (roughly equivalent to UA's 1k)

Markhm Oct 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Ditto here, another little extra that is worth its weight in gold.

celle Oct 29, 2013 12:36 pm

It's only 7 rows - can't see that the order makes much difference as, even if you are served first there will still be general disturbance until all are served.

serfty Oct 29, 2013 2:55 pm

That's 7 rows in the 777 forward zone - 28 seats or thereabouts - there have been reports of them running out of options rather early in recent times.

poopbunny Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm

When I was flying NZ C/J TT without GE, I rarely got my first choice.

Having said that, I had a chicken meal in C/J which I thought was pretty average. Economy was serving butter chicken which I did get to try on another flight and it was much tastier.

plimflya Nov 7, 2013 10:46 pm

As a GE for a number of years straight it is my experience that there is no rule as to how they serve the first 7 rows. It seems to be luck of the draw.

smeags_nz Nov 7, 2013 11:38 pm

In my experience, GE's have always been asked for their preference first and served first. Then it's been from front to back. Flying back from Brisbane to Auckland last month, they ran out of chicken by the time they hit Row 5.

JerseySlime Nov 8, 2013 6:17 am

Originally Posted by smeags_nz (Post 21748361)
In my experience, GE's have always been asked for their preference first and served first. Then it's been from front to back. Flying back from Brisbane to Auckland last month, they ran out of chicken by the time they hit Row 5.

Well, I'll be in 7K on a 772 NRT-AKL so I guess I'll be looking forward to either the Spam Sandwich or Pasta a la School Cafeteria :D

QTFLYER Nov 8, 2013 12:16 pm

more frequently service 1 can be front to back and service 2 from back to front.