Wiki Posts
Search

Status Points on RU?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S
Status Points on RU?

Just received confirmation of my RU for SYD-AKL on Monday (a little surprised at getting it confirmed this far in advance, but still 6 seats avail in BP according to EF), and just wondering if I still receive status points at the level of the original Y booking?

Really hoping that I do, otherwise i've just upgraded my way out of maintaining silver (for all that it is worth).

Also, as I understand it, I should get the same privileges (lounge, premium checkin etc) as a purchased BP ticket, and the 1 checked baggage notation on the e-ticket should be ignored?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Yes, you get status points for the class you paid for (but not for flights you paid for or part-paid for with Airpoints).

Full privileges as far as I know, but i've never tested the baggage one - I travel pretty light!
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S
Excellent, what little status I have may be very useful next year if we land the contract we are hoping for, will be flying more often and the silver uplift for one-up might be useful.

Just sorting out baggage issues with AirNZ on another flight at the moment. Office girl booked seat and bag out, but seat only return, then managed to add a bag to the wrong flight when I pointed it out to her.. Air NZ Cust service most unhelpful at this stage, non-refundable, and can't be transfered to the other flight is their line. Will pursue it later and hopefully find a more helpful agent.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Status Points on RU?

yes....regardless of which method you use to upgrade the following rules/benefits apply:

1) you earn APD and SP based on originally booked fare
2) if you are successfully upgraded, your benefits/allowances pertain to the upgraded class. e.g. in your case you may have booked a 'seat only' fare but with the upgrade you will get Lounge access, meal (J class), drinks, and baggage allowances.

note the upgrade doesn't waive the original conditions ie your seat only fare would still not be able to be cancelled, etc.

hope that helps.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: QF Gold
Yes, you get the full luggage allowance despite the seat only wording on your upgraded ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.