Wiki Posts
Search

Exit rows no longer free 48hrs out?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Exit rows no longer free 48hrs out?

Anyone else noticed that since they have given us access back to the PE seats on the Tasman on Seat Only fares, that Exit Rows are not not free evening under 48hrs out?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum, Emirates Gold, Flying Blue Gold
I tried shifting myself forward to 1C on my PPQ flight (T-18) and it wanted $10 for the pleasure. No thanks.
I have always been able to move forward for free 24 hours ahead of departure but this does seem to have changed.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Anyone else noticed that since they have given us access back to the PE seats on the Tasman on Seat Only fares, that Exit Rows are not not free evening under 48hrs out?
On what aircraft?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by robbau
On what aircraft?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by billy
I tried shifting myself forward to 1C on my PPQ flight (T-18) and it wanted $10 for the pleasure. No thanks.
I have always been able to move forward for free 24 hours ahead of departure but this does seem to have changed.
Last week had changed my seats to the exit row on 772 at from Shanghai to Auckland at no charge 48hrs out. Then tried to change seats to the basinett row but it wanted to charge me. Stayed with the exit row.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Noticed this week it would not let me move to a exit seat without charging $10 right up until departure. Then the seats went out empty.
Stupid `enhancement` by AirNZ.
Surely you should allow elites to select these seats for free rather than them going out empty.
Poor form AirNZ!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I noticed the same thing. Logged in this morning to look at my flight to Sydney on Saturday on an A320 and they now want the usual $20 fee to move.

I'm not so worried because I can at least access space+ on a bag only fare now but feel 1A is lonely with nobody sitting in it!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Noticed this week it would not let me move to a exit seat without charging $10 right up until departure. Then the seats went out empty.
Stupid `enhancement` by AirNZ.
Surely you should allow elites to select these seats for free rather than them going out empty.
Poor form AirNZ!
The airline wants you to remember what they think of you next time you are choosing which airline to fly!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Exactly.....
Last month enjoyed my trip to the EU in TG F for a very small amount more than NZ J.
And once NZ would have got my TT but QF was also good for this trip.
NZ is missing out big time by making these tiny cuts that add up to big revenue losses.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum, Emirates Gold, Flying Blue Gold
I can cope with NZ menu-pricing and salami-slicing services for my domestic runs, but QF gets my TT business (3 late bookings in three weeks).
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:08 pm

Was on NZ J TT.

The printed Menu said Seared beef fillet.

Actual was well overcooked Beef Brisket.

Has anyone else experienced NZ passing off a lower quality menu item than on print?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Was on NZ J TT.

The printed Menu said Seared beef fillet.

Actual was well overcooked Beef Brisket.

Has anyone else experienced NZ passing off a lower quality menu item than on print?
They regularly pass off some spongy yellow substance and molten white slop as eggs in Y, TT.

Lunches and dinners are generally acceptable in Y.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
I was having the same problem this am with several flights on wed and thursday - the system wanted to charge me for selecting row one on Q300's. I spoke to the call centre and was moved to row 1 for no charge and told it was an IT glitch and it wasn't a change in policy and it was being fixed........ time will tell !!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Same problem with flights today and tomorrow, $5 for exit row, even on the same day!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've queried this a few times with Air NZ over the last month and even spoken to somebody in the premium team about this.

I've just had a response from them on Twitter this morning saying the issue will be resolved on Monday - which I assume is a system wide issue, and not just affecting individual people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.