lounge access lax

Old Jun 29, 13, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
lounge access lax

I have never found a need to explore other lounges around lax rather than the current koru. However with the opening of the new star lounge in TBIT is there any reason why I could not head over there once checked in to check it out? ie can you freely roam other star lounges in different tetminals at lax keeping in mind there are no immigration checks as such before departure.

cheers

Last edited by QTFLYER; Jun 29, 13 at 12:57 am
Old Jun 29, 13, 1:42 am

Programs: NZ Koru
You need a boarding pass from the Terminal of departure to get air side at LAX.

Although it wont be a problem from 2014, as NZ is moving to TBIT. They have the contract to operate the new *A Lounge in TBIT and the Koru in T2 is closing.
Old Jun 29, 13, 2:05 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ Elite, AZ Freccia Alata Plus, VA Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Priority Pass
lounge access lax

Do you know when in 2014? Planning a couple of trips to/through LAX next year, and the images of the new one look so much nicer than the current Koru lounge.
Old Jun 29, 13, 3:53 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess View Post
Do you know when in 2014? Planning a couple of trips to/through LAX next year, and the images of the new one look so much nicer than the current Koru lounge.
Checkout http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press...-north-america

Doesn't say any dates just mid next year
Old Jul 1, 13, 7:00 pm

Hi all - on the topic of LAX lounge access, I am booked on NZ19 to Rarotonga on a Sunday night in October. That same night also has three flights to Auckland (NZ1 at 9:45pm, NZ5 at 10:30pm, and NZ3 at 11:15pm).. anyone know what my chances are of being able to pay the $60 to get one-time access into the Koru Lounge around 7pm?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old Jul 1, 13, 10:29 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by NJwasp View Post
Hi all - on the topic of LAX lounge access, I am booked on NZ19 to Rarotonga on a Sunday night in October. That same night also has three flights to Auckland (NZ1 at 9:45pm, NZ5 at 10:30pm, and NZ3 at 11:15pm).. anyone know what my chances are of being able to pay the $60 to get one-time access into the Koru Lounge around 7pm?

Thanks in advance for any info!
That depends upon current revenue policy.

But there will be standing room only, and by 8.30 pm they will be diverting passengers to the lousy Air Canada lounge next door.......
Old Jul 3, 13, 2:32 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by DCF View Post
That depends upon current revenue policy.

But there will be standing room only, and by 8.30 pm they will be diverting passengers to the lousy Air Canada lounge next door.......
The air Canada lounge is jyst crap. .no food, terrible wines sbd ni bathrooms
abd no bathrooms

Terrible place
Old Jul 3, 13, 5:45 am

I flew out of LAX on NZ5 last sunday.. and yes, the lounge was certainly busy.... until NZ1 boarded... then it was quite pleasant.

A chap was talking about paid access to the front desk staff - who offered him a cheaper rate which he harumphed about and refused... so I'd think it might well be possible to pay for entrance...

Haven't been there when NZ3 was operating admittedly.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: