Wiki Posts
Search

AirNZ *G/*GE/Koru on Virgin Metal

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
AirNZ *G/*GE/Koru on Virgin Metal

Does anyone have any experience about seat select on Virgin Flights with AirNZ flight number? You can't seat select (which I think they are working on)

- Call centre agents (as usual) vary on what they say will happen. Some say virgin will seat HVC for NZ in their on HVC section up front. Others say they don't recognize? I am travelling with Works and the other pax on the booking is seat only

Had no choice but to take a virgin flight on the OOL-AKL route home
Old May 12, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: NZ Elite, Koru Life, QF Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
I have had row 3 and row 27 (737-800) flying Virgin metal on a AirNZ PNR and both times had to show my air points card so they could enter my FF number into their system. Seats were allocated at the check-in counter
Old May 12, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: NZ Koru
I have found with my past OOL-AKL flights, if I called the VA call centre and said I was koru, they would allocated me a seat on the phone. Most of the time they would get me 3A
Old May 12, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I have a lady at airnz that can seat me but generally do not haveaccess to 1st 2 rows. I will NEVER fly Virgin again. It was a horror ride that they compensated me for...ironically I wil not use the credit as it means a) calling Manilla b) flying Virgin again.
Old May 12, 2013, 2:59 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
virgin planes airnz flight no

I checked in at the Virgin premium counter and they allocated me 3A still had access to koru lounge
Old May 12, 2013, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Thanx guys, does it matter what product you buy? In terms of allocation (I assume it must be the same with *G oven airnz for space plus having to have works

Virgin call centre (Australian attendant not manila ?) could only seat me on row 16? Didn't have the strength to push any further, as usual with call centres its the luck of who you end up speaking to! will get re-allocated at their premium checkin I guess

If NZ wants a proper share-of-service then they need to sort out the seat issue as its quite annoying!
Old May 12, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
virgin planes airnz flight no

Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
Thanx guys, does it matter what product you buy? In terms of allocation (I assume it must be the same with *G oven airnz for space plus having to have works

Virgin call centre (Australian attendant not manila ?) could only seat me on row 16? Didn't have the strength to push any further, as usual with call centres its the luck of who you end up speaking to! will get re-allocated at their premium checkin I guess

If NZ wants a proper share-of-service then they need to sort out the seat issue as its quite annoying!
Never tried the call centre (and only used virgin TT twice
but the checkin staff are really good
Old May 12, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: QF Gold
I've always been seated in the first three rows on VA metal/NZ booking as NZ*G, and I've always gone seat only/seat + bag on VA.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: NZ G, QF G, Accor Plat
I've did the early morning flight to Melbourne quite often on the Virgin metal, I've always been seated in row 3.

Last flight, there was 6 of us in row 3, rows 1 & 2 totally empty and they flat out refused to allow any of us to move into them.

It kinda depends on what crew you get, the crews out of Australia are pretty flexible, but often you get a crew out of Samoa (I think) and they do everything exactly by the book.

Stupid thing is, looking rows 1 & 2, i couldn't tell you what was different about them compared to rows 3 & 4. Just got told they were "premium"
Old May 18, 2013, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The seats are convertible I think you will find when in twin mode, rather then triplet there is more space between the armrests. as the centre arms move close to each other.

Other than that, avoid row 1 sat all costs (unless you are under 5' tall).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.