ANZAC Day Crisis in WLG Koru Lounge

Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
ANZAC Day Crisis in WLG Koru Lounge

Hi All, I have just returned to NZ and soon flying out of WLG to chc. I had spent 24 hours with the inlaws so was looking forward to a beer? Imagine my horror to see no Heineken in the fridge!. Are Akl and Chc still stocking it?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Today of all days, be patriotic - drink the Monteiths!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:17 pm

On a day where we are commemorating the fallen who have fought for our freedom, you're moaning because you can't have a beer. Get a life.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold
It's pretty obvious reading the OP's post that it's tongue-in-cheek. Lighten up.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by Shazzadude
It's pretty obvious reading the OP's post that it's tongue-in-cheek. Lighten up.
+1
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Thanks guys, nice to see some people understand humour.!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:38 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
+1
+2
Very obvious humour. And considering the cut backs we see often with AirNZ not out of place.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
OP was clearly joking.

On a more serious note, while chatting on Skype yesterday with my elderly father who never misses a dawn ANZAC service, he commented how many young people, people who have never served let alone in war come out to the service. He finds it very warming and heartening that they take an interest and obviously care.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
On a more serious note, while chatting on Skype yesterday with my elderly father who never misses a dawn ANZAC service, he commented how many young people, people who have never served let alone in war come out to the service. He finds it very warming and heartening that they take an interest and obviously care.
Also slightly OT, they run two services in the town nearest to us with a memorial - Latrobe Tasmania, one at dawn and one at 10am. The Mayor as MC commented that both services had similar turnouts - in the hundreds of people, of all ages, which I think your father might also find warming. Interestingly, they introduced this year the singing of the NZ national anthem after the Australian one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.